Indigo Co-op

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
Stromberg

Indigo Co-op

Post by Stromberg » Sat May 09, 2009 8:53 am

Shouldnt we have a indigo project, where many of us would work one 1 scene, and the render it (of course) just for fun, and it keeps things roling at the forum :)
Tell me what you think, and come with ideas :wink:

Borgleader

Re: Indigo Co-op

Post by Borgleader » Sat May 09, 2009 9:01 am

I like the idea but my modeling skills are rather basic.
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

Stromberg

Post by Stromberg » Sat May 09, 2009 9:07 am

Well thats no problem :)
So is mine, and there is always needs for props. :wink:

PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Mon May 18, 2009 11:13 pm

I'd be in :)

Peterchen

Post by Peterchen » Tue May 19, 2009 12:02 am

cool idea, I'd be in too. Any ideas? Something like a fully equipped appartment/office with A LOT of props, a lot of detailed things laying around? And everybody could deliver his personal render...
but perhaps somebody has a more spectacular idea. Something involving people/characters cause this forums lack those?

handsomedave

Post by handsomedave » Tue May 19, 2009 12:39 am

I vote for indoor sci-fi theme

Stromberg

Post by Stromberg » Tue May 19, 2009 12:50 am

Good that you will be in on this :)

Just need some help from someone to organize all this ;)

And for the scenes keep the ideas comming, both the suggestions sounds good.... there are many things we could do maybe a city or forest, those could be fun. :)

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Tue May 19, 2009 7:45 pm

Peterchen wrote:cool idea, I'd be in too. Any ideas? Something like a fully equipped appartment/office with A LOT of props, a lot of detailed things laying around? And everybody could deliver his personal render...
whoa, flashback :D

Stromberg

Post by Stromberg » Wed May 27, 2009 8:57 am

So.. whats happening to this shit :D
Any help to get this running? :)

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed May 27, 2009 9:44 am

Well, some people started with suggestions, I was thinking for a shop for second hand stuff, because that really breaks down the need for a coherency between the objects. Just put all the stuff in a row... I can put a price on each if you want :lol:

It's just difficult to get everyone synchronised, different skills, different disponibilities, different wishes... if people are willing to participate to something different than "yet another arch viz project" they should say it in my opinion, and propose what they would like without fearing any pressure.

Above all go peacefully, speed is not as much important as involvement, so clarify all points one by one to ensure it will be maximised. Eventually different parallel projects will emerge, but if every participant feels involved into the one he choosed that's just better at the end.

Currently, we have:

- An appartment
- Characters
- A sci-fi theme

I want more !
obsolete asset

Stromberg

Post by Stromberg » Wed May 27, 2009 9:51 am

Thanks for posting :)
I am not so worried about the speed either, just that i want some exitement, would be cool todo a realy cool sci-fi thing :)
And we need to get the ones that are involved to either add each other on msn or something like that so we can keep in touch... and figure out what we should do, then make a wip where we post our models and test renders and so on :)

blair

Post by blair » Thu May 28, 2009 9:45 pm

I think Stromberg has a brilliant idea. I mumbled something a little bit similar once before. So far, the scene suggested by Peterdchen appeals to me most "Something like a fully equipped appartment/office with A LOT of props, a lot of detailed things laying around..." A LOT could become to much but more than TO LITTLE could be not enough. Maybe differant folks could show some example scenes for consideration and eventual download.

I have no idea how to organize such a thing but perhaps it could be a scene that could start from within many differant modeling programs and have isolated value until brought forward into INDIGO where all would then benefit as details developed.

If the scene were universally usable I would like to see it start in SketchUP something like this:

Out of the box SketchUP (SU) materials would be used to develop the scene. If one of the stock materials, for example carpet, was to ratty to use because it exibited excessive tiling etc. then the method of doing and bringing in a better material would be exibited. When all was developed in SU, in the best way possible, then the scene would be moved forward into INDIGO. Within INDIGO all would be done to maximize the scene based upon INDIGO's capabilities. After the scene was maxed out in INDIGO the scene would then be moved to PhotoSHOP, or where ever, for post processing the scene to perfection.
Last edited by blair on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stromberg

Post by Stromberg » Thu May 28, 2009 9:56 pm

Glad you like the idea blair :)
What i tought could be really fun, if we had "many" user participating we could have like teams...
Say that one of makes a basic buildning in skecth up, then the teams could make diffrent versions of the scene.
Then it will be like one team manager has to take care of he's team..
I'm just brain storming here ;)
Tell me what you think.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu May 28, 2009 10:04 pm

I think the obj file format is even more universal than just SketchUp.

IMHO You should first consider adressing potential issues with exporting/importing such files in your respective modeling apps (SU <> blender <> wichever).
obsolete asset

Stromberg

Post by Stromberg » Thu May 28, 2009 10:27 pm

Well i tought make a basic buildning in sketch up and then convert it to .obj
Just that i forgott to mention that :P

Importing .obj's, fbx, 3ds and many more works just fine for me in cinema4D.

I have todo that all the time since i model in maya and uses Cindigo/Cinema4D to setup my scene and render it with indigo. :)

24 posts