Page 1 of 2
Some questions about the Indigo.
Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:09 am
by victorphellipe
Hi! I'm a Blender User and I have a couple of questions!
What is the relation between the Indigo, the video card and the Processor?
I saw, some time ago, the Indigo used more the video card than the processor. It's true?
And the Sun... Can I reduce her Energy?
I'm making a scene and I wanna a blue ilumination. But, if a let the Sun with 70º the Sunlight is too strong. And if I let the sun with +/- 30º the ilumination is too Dusk. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Re: Some questions about the Indigo.
Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:17 am
by PureSpider
What is the relation between the Indigo, the video card and the Processor?
I saw, some time ago, the Indigo used more the video card than the processor. It's true?
Nope, Indigo
only uses the CPU
And the Sun... Can I reduce her Energy?
I'm making a scene and I wanna a blue ilumination. But, if a let the Sun with 70º the Sunlight is too strong. And if I let the sun with +/- 30º the ilumination is too Dusk.
Didn't really get what you meant with the °... the height of the sun?
You actually can change the light emitted by the sun by changing the turbidity

Blue illumination, however, is not possible, use a spherical mesh emitter with enough power and far enough away from your scene for that purpose...
Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:50 pm
by victorphellipe
Oh man! I apologize. The º is used in degrees, here in Brazil!
I refer blue ilumination like a 12 o' clock ilumination... But I Understand what you say.
So... If I increase the turbidity the Sun power will down and the Dust in the Sky goes up?
I'm sorry for my English!
Thanks!
Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:20 pm
by PureSpider
No, it's the other way round (iirc)
By turning the turbidity up the sun gets brighter, so turning it down will make the sun darker

Just do 1 or 2 testrenders to see how it actually changes your scene

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:13 pm
by Kram1032
Wrong.
Turbidity changes, how much light gets scattered around the sky.
Turbidity 0 means, the SKY is black (-> dark) but the sun has actually MORE strenght. The light is focused on (more or less) a single point, while with higher turbidity rates, it gets scattered over the whole sky, so the light gets more diffuse.
Though, the model isn't meant to be used with non-earthlike values... Don't go beyond (what was the value?) 6 (I think), which means a highly polluted air. Clear sky is ~ 2.
At turbidity 20 for instance (tried that already), the sky turns all green...
Light is (not REALLY noticably) more diffuse but it's hardly possible to find a matching whitepoint.
I guess, turbidity defines two things: which wavelenghts of and how strong light gets scattered... So, turbidity inf would mean a perfectly diffuse grey sky. (Even at night, the light is everywhere)
What you can do instead (both changing brightness and, even if highly unreal, colour) to use Layerlight. Sun (or any background light) currently always is on Layer 0.
Guessing, that 0° and 180° means horizon, I'd say, noon ("perfect" noon, as only seen on a single spot per day, somewhere between the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn...) is at 90°.
Do NOT use angles beyond 180° or before 0°, because the sky model also isn't realistic for night situations. For example, if you put the sun into the nadir (270°/-90°), you'll get a deep purple sky and not a more or less black one.
Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:38 am
by victorphellipe
Thanks!
I feel weird PureSpider say that the higher the value, the stronger would be the Sun.
The LayerLight only avaible in what version of Indigo? I use the stable version (1.0.9).
Last night I got a result where the sun is not so strong, but is too weak! But I tried no more, I made a render in Vray went to sleep and left the Indigo rendering the scene.
I'll try a few times and if I get a good result I say here.
Thanks for all information!
Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:42 am
by PureSpider
Actually give your sun a direction for lighting up the room (shining throu the window)
Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:29 pm
by Kram1032
Yeah, that'll be a lot faster
Simply try the newest Indigoversion (1.1.4, currently) and the newest exporter (1.1.3 for Blendigo). You'll find some nice options in the GUI with one being the layer lights.

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:13 am
by Borgleader
Kram1032 wrote:Yeah, that'll be a lot faster
Simply try the newest Indigoversion (1.1.4, currently) and the newest exporter (1.1.3 for Blendigo). You'll find some nice options in the GUI with one being the layer lights.

I cant find light layers in Blendigo 1.1.13

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:09 am
by Kram1032
Well, layer 0 is already active, anyway. you already can control sun.
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:38 am
by Borgleader
Kram1032 wrote:Well, layer 0 is already active, anyway. you already can control sun.
Yeah but I mean, you cant use multiple ones.
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:49 am
by PureSpider
Actually Indigo is able to, go complain to your blendigo writer about that blendigo isnt yet

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:07 pm
by Borgleader
PureSpider wrote:Actually Indigo is able to, go complain to your blendigo writer about that blendigo isnt yet

I know. But I don't want to bother Smartden too much. He's already doing great with Blendigo and he works hard to fix the bugs. We'll get light layers when he gets there.
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:25 pm
by Kram1032
He actually said, next release will have it in...
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:41 pm
by Borgleader
Kram1032 wrote:He actually said, next release will have it in...
Must've missed that post...or i forgot about it...