stop rendering via indigo_console.exe

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
palawat

stop rendering via indigo_console.exe

Post by palawat » Mon May 26, 2008 4:09 am

Hi,

Just wondering, is there a proper way to stop rendering via indigo_console.exe, in Windows?

Usually, I just wait for the right moment (make sure that Indigo is not saving .png or .igi or anything) then hit Ctrl+break.

For the GUI version, I stop rendering by clicking the redX on the upper-right toolbar. Then Indigo tells me that it's terminating thread and such, which I think it's been properly stopped. But for the non_GUI, I hit Ctrl+break and Indigo's just......gone.

Just out of curiosity.
Cheers,

Q9550 2.83 GHz, Geforce 9400 GT, 4 GB ram, XP 32/Vista 64

PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Mon May 26, 2008 4:21 am

Just close the CLI version like the GUI version, the window says render thread terminating and stuff then ;)

zsouthboy

Post by zsouthboy » Mon May 26, 2008 4:24 am

I just ctrl-c and there isn't any problem (I try not to catch the render in the middle of frame upload or anything) - on both windows and linux.

alex22

Post by alex22 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:43 am

Afaik indigo makes a copy of the image in the newer versions before rewriting it, so there should be no problems there.

palawat

Post by palawat » Mon May 26, 2008 8:42 pm

PureSpider wrote:Just close the CLI version like the GUI version, the window says render thread terminating and stuff then ;)
For the GUi version on slaves, hitting the redX button doesn't do the trick for me. Indigo says it's "Quitting" but it doesn't really quit. It just keeps rendering and sending frame to the master box. I have to press Alt+x on the slave. But the redX button works fine on master machine.

So, for indigo_console.exe, if I hit the redX and it's closed without any message. That's the same for master and slaves.

Anyway, I think I worried too much. Either way is the proper way, right? (as long as I don't stop rendering when Indigo is trying to save files, uploading or receiving frame. )

Thank you for sharing, everyone :wink:
Cheers,

PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Tue May 27, 2008 2:55 am

Anyway you can't close indigo when it's saving files ;)
Dunno whats it with the frames, as i never used net rendering :D

palawat

Post by palawat » Tue May 27, 2008 4:45 am

I've never known that before. And that's a very good safety net for a noob like myself.

Actually, I've never really close Indigo while it's saving file before. There are lots of useful advise I read around here about what to do and what not. So I tell myself, "Just don't do it"

Network rendering is very useful for me because I don't have a powerful computer, just two old desktops and one laptop. :oops:
Cheers,

7 posts • Page 1 of 1