Benchmarking interior lighting realism

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
1 post • Page 1 of 1
davide445

Benchmarking interior lighting realism

Post by davide445 » Wed May 10, 2023 4:45 pm

Returning here after some years due I humbly consider this is the highest quality renderer I have seen on the market.

Have had recently a meeting with an lighting company, both distributing and producing lighting products and designing specific solutions, mostly for hotels.

They are interested into viz solutions enabling them to showcase to their customers interior design setup options (i.e. switching different kind of lamps) with the goal of improving customer satisfaction, avoiding them asking for post delivery changes due "didn't show up as was thinking will be".

Their perception is they need a solution with the perfect realism so to don't give later the customer any reason to change his mind.

I'm interested to know if you think there are technically a benchmark for realism. I.e. IES light profiles define a lamp behavior on some extent, but this of course didn't exhaust the topic.

Discussing about realism can be a tricky topic, setting the level of realism will also set the kind of technology can be used, or push the project outside the feasibility envelope.

1 post • Page 1 of 1