Page 1 of 1

Understand camera,

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:30 am
by Ana028
Hi all, I try to understand the camera mode. I read in indigo pdf that the camera have two vector to get the rotation angle with the position of the camera. I has the next example. I has a camera in position:

Px= 6.567
Py= -6.842
Pz= 6.230

and the rotation is:

Rx= 63.559º
Ry= 0.620º
Rz= 46.692º

Can anyone tell me how I can get with these values the up vector and the forward vector ?

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:22 pm
by fused
i dont know what application you are using, but if you can acces the objects matrix, the up-vector is the second or third vector (v2 or v3, depending on whats axis is up in your application) and the forwards-vector is one of the other two(wich should be in fact the forwards axis in your application).

if you cant acces the matrix, im sure you can calculate it.

but i dont know how :)

greets

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:28 pm
by Ana028
I can get the values from my camera of the last post for example but I want to know how can I get the up vector and the forward vector with thats values.

Thanks.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:49 am
by Ana028
Hi all, I can resolve the problem, I discover a script command that resolve the problem. :lol: