Restart from Indigo Crash...

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
BennitoJuarez

Restart from Indigo Crash...

Post by BennitoJuarez » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:42 am

I'm needing to know if there's a way to restart from where a previous render session left off when Indigo crashed... Help anyone? I've started using this program commercially along side Google Sketchup,

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:08 am

Welcome to the forums!

If you were in the middle of a render and you had "Save IGI" turned on, you can resume your render by typing in "Indigo.res" in the ruby console.

Select the IGI file (in your renders directory) and the IGS (indigo scene file) to resume the render.

Let me know if you need any more help.
Last edited by Whaat on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Post by WytRaven » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:31 am

Help! I am in the same boat right now and need to resume a render, not because of a crash but because of Vista's stupid auto-update crap restarting my machine (which is now turned off).

You say type "indigo.res" in the ruby console....um what ruby console??

I am using Indigo 64bit 0.9t7 on Vista64 Ultimate. I have checked the manual and can find nothing on resuming...

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Post by WytRaven » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:10 am

Thank you to SmartDen who helped me sort this out using IndigoChat on the home page.

The correct answer is from a command line navigate to indigo install folder and type "indigo.exe -r <relative path to igi> <relative path to igs>"

So for example it might be indigo.exe -r renders/im1190728126.igi default.igs

Thanks again SmartDen :)

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:27 am

WytRaven wrote:The correct answer is from a command line navigate to indigo install folder and type "indigo.exe -r <relative path to igi> <relative path to igs>"
My answer was correct as well... :wink: but only for SketchUp users. Sorry for the confusion.

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Post by WytRaven » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:47 am

Whaat wrote:My answer was correct as well... :wink: but only for SketchUp users. Sorry for the confusion.
Ahhh...it all becomes clear now :o

BennitoJuarez

Post by BennitoJuarez » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:00 am

OK... New Problem... after choosing the *.igi and the *.igs to resume a rendering, the cmd window temproarily opens up and an error window pops up stating: cannot find indigo.exe. Do I need to specify the location of the Indigo.exe? If so... where do I input this information, or, do I need to move it into a location where the Ruby Console will locate it automatically?

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:50 am

path/indigo.exe -r path_in_indigofolder/your.igi path_in_indigo_folder/your.igs

If you have indigo being a global variable, it's enough to type "Indigo", I think ;)

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:05 am

BennitoJuarez wrote:OK... New Problem... after choosing the *.igi and the *.igs to resume a rendering, the cmd window temproarily opens up and an error window pops up stating: cannot find indigo.exe. Do I need to specify the location of the Indigo.exe? If so... where do I input this information, or, do I need to move it into a location where the Ruby Console will locate it automatically?
I think you might have found a SkIndigo bug.

First, copy the two IGS files that SkIndogo creates (be sure to inlcude the -settings.igs file) to the Indigo directory. (assuming they aren't there already)

Then try typing "Indigo.res" in the Ruby Console again.

If this doesn't work, look for a file in your Indigo directory called "resume.bat" and post the contents of file so I can take a look.

9 posts • Page 1 of 1