Page 1 of 1

only skylight and no sunlight

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:50 am
by ossosso
Hi eveyone!

I'm testing indigo 0.9 with Maxigo exporter 0.9.

I'm still new but it seems all clear enough.

Udner the Environment tab (maxigo) I active "Skylight", and inside my scene I insert a "Daylight" system of 3dsmax, in this way I can choose Date\Time for my rendering. And all works correctly :)

Now I'd like to know if it's possible to eliminate the sun from my scene, obtein only a "cloudy-day" illumination (manteining Date\Time information).

Thank you very much!

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:15 am
by suvakas
I think you can't. At least there is no option for making sun to disappear. Use blue background color for cloudy look.

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:32 am
by Kram1032
handedit the igs to a sun position of 0 0 0 and the sun disappears^^

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:34 am
by suvakas
Kram1032 wrote:handedit the igs to a sun position of 0 0 0 and the sun disappears^^
Really? Didn't know that.
Thanks for the info.

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:36 am
by Kram1032
at least, that's what manitwo said more than once^^
credits to him ;)

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:51 am
by vux
maybe you need HDRI for SkyDome

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:20 am
by Kram1032
for a cloudy day, you either need the extremely slow new sky system, which supports clouds (which are even slower^^)
or you need to use a HDRi, as vux suggested^^

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:25 am
by suvakas
Simple blue background does it very nicely.
Just try it.

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:23 am
by CoolColJ
well cloudy day lighting would be more like a constant grey'ish white :)

Just get a photo of a cloudy day and sample the RGB value of that and use that as a background colour for lighting

Re: only skylight and no sunlight

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:46 am
by Zom-B
ossosso wrote:Now I'd like to know if it's possible to eliminate the sun from my scene, obtein only a "cloudy-day" illumination (manteining Date\Time information).
Check out this cool Free HDR Sky collection from evermotion, I'm using them very often...

No Date\Time information but perhaps it helps you...

welcome to Indigo dude!