Exposure: 18% Gray Card?

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
1 post • Page 1 of 1
ilhanduz

Exposure: 18% Gray Card?

Post by ilhanduz » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:45 am

Hi everybody,
I want to ask something about exposure. I searched the forum but I couldn't find anything about it.
Is it possible to adjust the exposure similar like photos, with a kind of "exposure meter"
Now my adjustment is just based on my taste; this looks nice, this looks bad... But I think there must be another, more logical way.

First I thought maybe "white balance" is working like this, but I think I'm wrong, it only adjusts the colour balance, am I right?

I was thinking to create a 18% gray diffuse material and then checking it in PS; if it gives the right value or not ( I mean 18% gray) with my exposure settings.
I checked the RGB values for 18%, it depends on the colour profile you use but for RGB it is 124,124,124. On the other hand I'm not sure if it will be the accurate?

Maybe there is an option like this, unfortunately I cannot find.

I read that there is an "auto-exposure" setting in 4.2.15 version, I couldn't check this version yet. Maybe that is what I'm looking for.

I use sketchup by the way, I always use "camera" for tonemapping.

So, briefly, how do you adjust your exposures? Is it based on your taste or is there another way?

Thanks in advance.

1 post • Page 1 of 1