Problem with milk and glass
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:40 am
I'm trying to render a glass of milk since it seems like these are kind of in nowadays. 
I would like to achieve a result like this:
http://www2.indigorenderer.com/joomla/f ... light=milk
But I have some problems: I followed the modeling instructions for fluid in a glass from here:
http://www2.indigorenderer.com/joomla/f ... .php?t=637
And I used the milk material from here:
http://www2.indigorenderer.com/joomla/f ... 88eb0#9018
The glass material I use is this:
My problem is this: The bottom of the glass looks way too white which is very unrealistic. Also the milk is just too white...
But have a look yourself:
I would like to achieve a result like this:
http://www2.indigorenderer.com/joomla/f ... light=milk
But I have some problems: I followed the modeling instructions for fluid in a glass from here:
http://www2.indigorenderer.com/joomla/f ... .php?t=637
And I used the milk material from here:
http://www2.indigorenderer.com/joomla/f ... 88eb0#9018
The glass material I use is this:
Code: Select all
<medium>
<name>GlassMedium</name>
<precedence>10</precedence>
<basic>
<ior>1.50</ior>
<cauchy_b_coeff>0.0</cauchy_b_coeff>
<absorption_coefficient_spectrum>
<rgb>
<rgb>0.5 0.5 0.5</rgb>
</rgb>
</absorption_coefficient_spectrum>
</basic>
</medium>
<material>
<name>GlassMaterial</name>
<specular>
<transparent>true</transparent>
<internal_medium_name>GlassMedium</internal_medium_name>
</specular>
</material>
But have a look yourself: