Adding GPU's

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

Adding GPU's

Post by Lal-O » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:18 am

Hi Guys

I am planning to add 1 or 2 new gpus to my pc ( i already have a Nvidia Titan X and my motherboard has slots for adding other 3 gpus- i bet for the Nvidia 1070 TI-). So, what do i need to consider to be sure of the full compatibility between all components of my pc and INDIGO?...I read somewhere that all graphic cards must be exactly the same model to make them work......i need to know if that is true...It would be really sad i to spend money in gpus only to realize that i won't be able to use them because of technical specs. :roll:

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Re: Adding GPU's

Post by Oscar J » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:59 am

"I read somewhere that all graphic cards must be exactly the same model to make them work"

That might be true for other renderers, but it's certainly not for Indigo. You're free to use GPUs in any combinations, you can even mix AMD and Nvidia ones. Examples of that here: https://www.indigorenderer.com/benchmark-results
It's recommended to use GPUs with similar individual performance though.

1070 Ti is probably a great choice. 1070 seems to be a real sweet spot in terms of perf/price (almost better than 1080) and 1070 Ti should be even better still. It'll be interesting to see what results you get. :)

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Adding GPU's

Post by Lal-O » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:12 pm

Excellent !!! Everythings is clear now. Thx for the reply. Oscar J :D

3 posts • Page 1 of 1