Proxy/instancing suggestion

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

Proxy/instancing suggestion

Post by Lal-O » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:15 am

Hi guys :D
I was just wondering...How about to have an exporter ( inside Indigo Standalone ) which allows to convert high Poly models into small triangles or points keeping the shape of the exported geometry for usage inside Sketchup Instead empty boxes? Not sure about how crazy it can be , but i think that could be really useful for us.....the SkIndigo users :D .
It would be something like this :
Attachments
01.jpg
02.jpg
Last edited by Lal-O on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Re: Proxy/instancing suggestion

Post by Pibuz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:40 am

Well, it's an idea.

Actually, at the moment we sketchy users can use external OBJ's, and substitute them in SU with the simplest geometry ever. But to deal with OBJ we must use third party software, like Max or others. So this might be a smart request, in order to be able to use only Indigo and our beloved modeler.

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Re: Proxy/instancing suggestion

Post by Lal-O » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:34 am

Hi Pibuz.
Yeah, i know very well the process of using external .Obj's inside Sketchup, that is one of the main reasons why i started to use INDIGO :wink: .
The point here is....i really think is necesary to have an exact/real preview or representation of the external geometry to be exported from Sketchup ...i mean , is a real time consumer to be launching the same scene over and over til you get the right scale/position/direction of the desired geometry (mainly trees in my case) :D . I am not complaining about Skindigo, it is awesome as it is right now , but a feature like that could make it waaay better ...just saying :D

3 posts • Page 1 of 1