Tips/Tricks for rendering building and landscape w/plants

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
finn.beggs

Tips/Tricks for rendering building and landscape w/plants

Post by finn.beggs » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi all,

I am quite new to indigo so don't have a very vast knowledge of how rendering works - Usually I fiddle around with the settings and press start then wait.
I have made a fairly detailed sketchup model building which I have to render on its 'site' which includes grass, trees and plants.
Is there a way to do this easily without creating a really complicated and heavy thing to render?
Also, how do I add a sky/sun to my model?
Any feedback or help is appreciated,

Finn

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Re: Tips/Tricks for rendering building and landscape w/plant

Post by zeitmeister » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:40 pm

Hey Finn, did you read the sketchup Indigo tutorial? It should be quite hastle-free to set up a sunsky-model.
For vegetation: there is no easy easy way. You have to download some grass patches, scatter or place them, and edit the materials. Same for trees and bushes. You managed to construct in sketchup, so you're ready for the next step.
Good luck mate! I am sure the sketchup guys here will have some more detailed tips; I personally am more related to C4D.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

bubs
2nd Place Winner

Post by bubs » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:09 am

Finn,

If you check out this thread https://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vi ... 17&t=13201 you should find some great models and scatter setting to get some grass going!

Good Luck!

finn.beggs

Post by finn.beggs » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:06 am

zeitmeister wrote:Hey Finn, did you read the sketchup Indigo tutorial? It should be quite hastle-free to set up a sunsky-model.
For vegetation: there is no easy easy way. You have to download some grass patches, scatter or place them, and edit the materials. Same for trees and bushes. You managed to construct in sketchup, so you're ready for the next step.
Good luck mate! I am sure the sketchup guys here will have some more detailed tips; I personally am more related to C4D.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Thanks Zeitmeister! Appreciate your help mate :)

4 posts • Page 1 of 1