Differences between PCs regarding watermark

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
NottsVic

Differences between PCs regarding watermark

Post by NottsVic » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:53 am

Hello there,

Been using indigo on my laptop for a while now (Version 3.8.31)

Let's just say my laptop is running slower as the months go on, so I look to faster alternatives. On my PC I run the renders on 1780x720 resolution, and it only gives me the standard watermark in the bottom right, which is what I've come to expect and I'm fine with that.(Been running that version for about 3 years now since downloading off this site)

However, I installed the same model of sketchup on my girlfriend's laptop. I installed a newer version of indigo (V3.8.38...I think?) So I ran the same render with exact settings (it saves them embedded in the file anyway. The letterboxing still appears on people's PC's when they don't even have indigo installed). The result was the same quality image (albeit done a lot faster) but there are rows and rows of watermarks pasted all over the render.

I went back, deleted that version and copied over the same version from my laptop and ran the render again, but I still get the watermarks come up. So now I have the exact same model, sketchup version, indigo version, but the output is different. Would something have been lost in the backwards transition between versions, or does it have anything to do with windows version (should mention im running on windows by the way, Windows 7 on my laptop, Windows 8 on my girlfriend's).

Don;t suppose anyone has the answers do they? Would be greatly appreciated.

ALSO, just noticed. I only ever downloaded the trial for my PC, and it's stayed operational ever since. I can't remember that so well, but I didn't purchase it. However, on my girlfriend's PC is still says there's 20-odd days of the trial remaining. What's up with that? How has mine been able to last this long? Could the settings from the newer version of indigo still be embedded into sketchup on my girlfriend's laptop?
Attachments
vic render test.jpg
vic new render86.jpg

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Re: Differences between PCs regarding watermark

Post by Oscar J » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:40 am

Your first render is over the max res for the trial - 0,7 mpix, and thus has watermarks all over it. The second render is under 0,7 mpix and therefore doesn't. Lower the resolution on your new machine and you should be fine. :)

2 posts • Page 1 of 1