Indigo UI and UHD

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
vasco

Indigo UI and UHD

Post by vasco » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:17 pm

Hi I recently bought a GTX 1080 and I am pretty happy with it. To take advantage of the new card I ordered a 4k Display and now my question is if the indigo UI does allow scaling in higher resolutions? In Blender for example its possible to set a the DPI manually.
Intel Pentium 4, 512MB Ram, Nvidia Riva TNT2 Ultra

Instagram: gorilla_studio_coco

Originalplan®
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Indigo UI and UHD

Post by Originalplan® » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:57 am

Hey Vasco

AFAIK there is no option for that in the UI. ( As for icons etc how they scale on an UHD screen ((probably not good)) it depends on your scaling setting OSX has a great one..i think WIN too)

You can lock the ratio and render a much bigger picture (x2) and then dowsize it to a production 300DPI pipeline. Or set the desired DPI in the host app. (c4d,etc)

vasco

Post by vasco » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:17 pm

Here is a screenshot of the ui in 4K using windows 10 scaling by 175%. I think the icons and the text in the blue lines are very small. Maybe a thing to be fixed future builds.
Attachments
4k.jpg
Intel Pentium 4, 512MB Ram, Nvidia Riva TNT2 Ultra

Instagram: gorilla_studio_coco

Zalevskiy
3D Software: Blender

Post by Zalevskiy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:10 pm

Try to experiment with the registry http://surfaceproartist.com/blog/2013/1 ... urface-pro

and [url]http://windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer.com/[/url]

It is rather a bug Windows 10 problems with HDPI and not indigo

Originalplan®
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by Originalplan® » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:40 am

vasco wrote:Here is a screenshot of the ui in 4K using windows 10 scaling by 175%. I think the icons and the text in the blue lines are very small. Maybe a thing to be fixed future builds.
That's what i thought ...it will be like. There is nothing to be fixed we just have to move to an svg based icon set in Indigo. Curently it's not that but i think it's in the works i mentioned this problem months ago.
I can hook you up with a new icon set if you want to use another one they are slightly bigger...but it will be an unofficial one. And not MUCH bigger since the App frame does not scale them...they are fixed.

Than again Indigo 4 Beta is kicking ass in therms of performance ( on OSX it's the BEST engine hands down )
i think on PC it is in the top 3 engines. So i know UI stuff could be MUCH MUCH better but let's give the devs a bit more time to make Indigo BETTER & FASTER and after that the UI stuff will be resolved in a blink...compared to programming OpenCL on Multiple platforms. :)

5 posts • Page 1 of 1