Aperture diffraction intensity and disabling bokeh

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Eneen

Aperture diffraction intensity and disabling bokeh

Post by Eneen » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:43 pm

Hi,

Is is possible to change aperture diffraction intensity other then changing aperture size? It is connected to bokeh so it seems it's not possible to alter intensity of glare/bloom without re-rendering.
I also tried to find way to completely disable bokeh, but there is no pinhole lens option. Is there any way to do it?

Best regs,

DanJ

Re: Aperture diffraction intensity and disabling bokeh

Post by DanJ » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:54 am

Eneen wrote:Hi,

Is is possible to change aperture diffraction intensity other then changing aperture size? It is connected to bokeh so it seems it's not possible to alter intensity of glare/bloom without re-rendering.
I also tried to find way to completely disable bokeh, but there is no pinhole lens option. Is there any way to do it?

Best regs,
If you use a large f number in camera settings, this is like using a narrow aperture in photography, giving the result of a large depth of field. And if you also pick your focal point, this will also help reduce all the effects of too narrow a depth of field.

Eneen

Post by Eneen » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:19 am

Yep I get it, but I just wanted to:
- disable dof completely (pinhole camera?)
- detach diffraction from aperture
It's pretty important when rendering small things where aperture has large value to keep large dof and when I wanted to add only subtle diffration (more like glow) it's just not possible. That's why I asked.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:47 am

I don't think you can disable DOF, unless you use an orthographical camera. Indigo is physically based and for traditional cameras you'll always have a certain aperture opening.

Post pro AD can be turned on and off, but I don't think the size can be changed. For that you'll want to export an exr and do it in a program specifically made for these purposes, such as Arion FX.

Good luck :)

Eneen

Post by Eneen » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:58 am

Thank you Oscar J. Just diffraction from Indigo looks better then from ArionFX, and one post-production step less of course.... Let's make a with then for such feature!

5 posts • Page 1 of 1