Page 1 of 2

Fast SSS preview

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:27 am
by OnoSendai
Something we have been working on recently - a fast SSS material.

If you look carefully you will notice something else as well :)

Re: Fast SSS preview

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:35 am
by bubs
Is that a 4.0.0 Easter bunny?

Re: Fast SSS preview

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:36 am
by davide445
OnoSendai wrote:.....

If you look carefully you will notice something else as well :)
V4.0, about 0.95Mil s/sec? :)

Re: Fast SSS preview

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:38 am
by Oscar J
Cool! I'm guessing you're talking about the little preview window there. I would hope that is REALLY optimized so that it doesn't draw any significant rendering power. Or maybe it has a very low spp limit (by the looks of it)?

Re: Fast SSS preview

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:38 am
by OnoSendai
davide445 wrote:
OnoSendai wrote:.....

If you look carefully you will notice something else as well :)
V4.0, about 0.95Mil s/sec? :)
No not that. That's plain old CPU rendering btw.

Re: Fast SSS preview

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:39 am
by Oscar J
nevermind

Re: Fast SSS preview

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:40 am
by OnoSendai
Oscar J wrote:Cool! I'm guessing you're talking about the little preview window there. I would hope that is REALLY optimized so that it doesn't draw any significant rendering power. Or maybe it has a very low spp limit (by the looks of it)?
Yup, that's what I was talking about. You can set the size and spp limit on a context menu:

Re: Fast SSS preview

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:44 am
by Oscar J
OnoSendai wrote:
Oscar J wrote:Cool! I'm guessing you're talking about the little preview window there. I would hope that is REALLY optimized so that it doesn't draw any significant rendering power. Or maybe it has a very low spp limit (by the looks of it)?
Yup, that's what I was talking about. You can set the size and spp limit on a context menu:
Haha, brilliant. That's much more thought through than I thought.

Re: Fast SSS preview

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:50 am
by Oscar J
Words cannot explain how pumped I am for this release, by the way.

Re: Fast SSS preview

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:55 am
by bubs
Oscar J wrote:Words cannot explain how pumped I am for this release, by the way.
+1 :mrgreen: now if only I had a friendly lifetime license :wink:

Re: Fast SSS preview

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:02 am
by Oscar J
bubs wrote:
Oscar J wrote:Words cannot explain how pumped I am for this release, by the way.
+1 :mrgreen: now if only I had a friendly lifetime license :wink:
Oh right, you only came second in the last contest... you have my deepest sympathy.

:mrgreen:

Surely the upgrade price shouldn't be all that much?

Re: Fast SSS preview

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:00 pm
by Zom-B
Fast SSS sounds really nice!
Can you tell a little bit about the magic behind it, what is the drawback?

Re: Fast SSS preview

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:17 pm
by zeitmeister
Looks fantastic!!


Cheers, zeiti

Re: Fast SSS preview

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:30 pm
by fused
Oscar J wrote:
OnoSendai wrote:
Oscar J wrote:Cool! I'm guessing you're talking about the little preview window there. I would hope that is REALLY optimized so that it doesn't draw any significant rendering power. Or maybe it has a very low spp limit (by the looks of it)?
Yup, that's what I was talking about. You can set the size and spp limit on a context menu:
Haha, brilliant. That's much more thought through than I thought.
We're also adding a couple more preview scenes.

Re: Fast SSS preview

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:35 pm
by bubs
1m and 10m preview scenes!!! :o ... :D ... :cry: (tears of joy run down my face) :mrgreen: