Pay for features?

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
William

Pay for features?

Post by William » Mon May 13, 2013 5:33 pm

Hi

I think one of the strengths of indigo is that it's small enough to be able to hear the users.

Is it possible you would consider pay for feature implementation, say for features perhaps not generally useful to all but specific uses, or features someone wanted to be put higher on the todo list?
This includes exporter development or core development.

What are your thoughts?

OnoSendai
Developer

Re: Pay for features?

Post by OnoSendai » Tue May 14, 2013 2:13 am

We would consider it, please contact us at contact@indigorenderer.com

Cheers,
nick

JK

Post by JK » Tue May 14, 2013 9:47 am

Could you publish an example of a feature you would like to pay for? 1 example perhaps :). I know I'm not develeper and people who run this place have the last word and know much more than I do but I can't really find a logic in such a situation. You pay for things to make them higher in the todo list - would be really hard to implement something like this to the full version of the app. 50% of users having some minor changes in the rendering engine or exporter would make it harder to find bugs not to mention problems with standards for example to the ranch farm. Maybe some bundles of improvements you can buy apart from the main app but not hidden from everyone! :)

Cheers

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Tue May 14, 2013 10:28 am

I can understand your confusion and worries regarding that topic JK.
But don't think that something like a kickstarter campaign with Pledge levels and Stretch Goals is happening behind the curtain of the forum ^^

Nerveless potential investors like a small 3D studio could contact Glare and explain that the would like to buy a bunch of license if a certain feature would be introduced that is crucial for their workflow.
Nothing else is done in bigger scale with bigger companies!
If that ever would happen, we all get these features/fixes and everybody is happy. I don't think that this would ever happen on a level that Glares dev-power gets drained for months on stuff that nobody (of us) can use ;)
polygonmanufaktur.de

JK

Post by JK » Tue May 14, 2013 11:00 am

Haha you should really get Glare Public Relations Guy job ;)!

Or is it done already? (gets suspicious) :twisted:

Never meant to make it sound like a conspiracy or something ;).

Cheers,

William

Post by William » Tue May 14, 2013 1:38 pm

At the moment this is just a consideration, no secret stuff. Actually I don't have even an indigo license yet, because of some features/workflow missing, it's making it hard.

If I was going to pay for feature most likely it would be blendigo development because not everyone uses blendigo.

The purpose for asking atm was to find out if, in the future I bought a license and one day found I needed some sort of feature (or development to current feature) - is there any way to hurry it up. Unfortunately though I would not be able to afford employing the developers and pay them wage prices but something still reasonable for the request (imo).

6 posts • Page 1 of 1