General questions of how indigo performs, there is a trial version but first it would take a while to be aquainted with the ins and outs of the engine for a fair test to be done.
I am looking for alternative render engine to Vray, probably next year.
Getting tired of it's "static" way of working. You know, "press go and hope it turns out ok" .
Looking at progressive engines with stable and updated exported for Blender.
- Can you support adjusting gamma for HDR lighting images, for enhancing it's shadow contrast?
- How much does blendigo keep up with blender updates?
- If building render nodes, roughly 6 i7 units. Will this properly benefit from adding GPU (adds much cost$$) or do GPU easily run out of their memory and this is not useful in typical indigo scenes?
IE are GPU's worth bothering with a render cluster.
- Do HDRi lighting perform well and bring nice shadows? Interior and exterior.
- how would we speak of memory usage, in terms of large image+textures and lots of geo+instances
- Is there a problem with aliasing and rings around bright spots or other similar filtering issues that are a pain?
- Can we render depth maps and possibly "material/object id maps"?
- Is a shadeless material possible, doesn't receive/produce or block light? (for background planes)
- any users find pains, or do we enjoy working with indigo all the way?