Free edition of vue released

Discuss stuff not about Indigo.
neo0.

Free edition of vue released

Post by neo0. » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:54 pm

To all the uninitiated, Vue is the industrary standard for outdoor visualisations. Everything from planets to mountains, vue can do it.
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vu ... /index.php

Pleasre note, this is not a demo. There are no time restrictions or watermakrks. Enjoy :)

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Re: Free edition of vue released

Post by WytRaven » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:34 pm

neo0. wrote:There are no time restrictions or watermakrks. Enjoy :)
Vue 7 Pioneer limitations

Pictures carry a logo*
You cannot import 3D models**
Vue 7 Pioneer is for home use only. For commercial use, please get a Vue 7 T-Pack or higher***
Vue 7 Pioneer is provided "as is", without any technical support****.

Not that this isn't still a good deal but you really do need to pay attention to details ne0, generally it's the details of any given subject that actually matter...
:idea: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." - Emerson 1841

matsta

Post by matsta » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:28 am

*cough*

psor
1st Place Winner

Post by psor » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:18 am

Nurse: Doooooc!
"The sleeper must awaken"

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:51 am

WytRaven
It was actually right below what you quoted.
What's the difference with the PLE?

Vue 7 Pioneer is a real product. It's not a trial version and you won't get any watermarks on your renders (although you do get a logo*).

Unlike the Personal Learning Edition, the product can be upgraded to higher end versions of Vue, and you can exchange scenes with other Vue users.

If you upgrade or change your computer, you won't lose your scenes like you do with the PLE. You should only consider the PLE as a short term option, whereas you could go on using Pioneer forever!

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:18 am

But it can be used to create skydomes and export meshes with the purchase of only 1 or 2 modules depending on your requirements. Means it's a serious tool for exporting to Blender, etc

Worth checking out before you throw the baby out with the bathwater.....omg where did that saying come from?!!! damn I'm showing my age again.

Wait! - Did you guys seriously think that everything from now on would be free?.........

hmmmm then who would pay us?............................... :wink:

Doug

Doug Armand

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:21 am

WytRaven wrote:Vue 7 Pioneer is a real product. It's not a trial version and you won't get any watermarks on your renders (although you do get a logo*).
Talking about semantics... :roll:

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Post by WytRaven » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:36 pm

ne0. As Pixie rightly pointed out here this is all about semantics. In indigo language the logo stamp is referred to as a watermark, hence why I quoted what I did. Generally a watermark is considered to be a semi transparent stamp that is placed over the image in a way as to ensure it is unusable for for anything. This is what Vue means by watermark, and they refer to indigo's watermark as a logo. Just semantics.

The fact is that Vue 7 Pioneer is, much like indigo, a reasonably flexible demo for all intents and purposes until a license of some description is purchased.
:idea: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." - Emerson 1841

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:05 pm

Well, evidently the two are different in this case, since the site refers two them in two very opposite contexts.

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Post by WytRaven » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:28 pm

It is marketing material ne0. They are using semantics to paint a picture of the product that they want you to see. They are not in "opposite contexts" they are in the same context i.e. output restriction. They hope that the picture they paint is good enough to get you to install it so you can begin to use it then decide to spend some cash opening up rendering or purchasing theme packs.

I will reiterate that I do not think this is a bad deal as the tool is usable for certain tasks as is. I am taking issue again ne0, with your misrepresentation of subject matter! :evil:

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:37 pm

WytRaven wrote:It is marketing material ne0. They are using semantics to paint a picture of the product that they want you to see. They are not in "opposite contexts" they are in the same context i.e. output restriction. They hope that the picture they paint is good enough to get you to install it so you can begin to use it then decide to spend some cash opening up rendering or purchasing theme packs.

I will reiterate that I do not think this is a bad deal as the tool is usable for certain tasks as is. I am taking issue again ne0, with your misrepresentation of subject matter! :evil:
I'm with Wyt on this one. You always, always, have to be careful with these kinds of things. I mean lets just take that same sentence pixie talked about earlier but letting the watermark issue aside.
Vue 7 Pioneer is a real product. It's not a trial version and you won't get any watermarks on your renders (although you do get a logo*).
"It's not a trial version", then what is it? A real product? No Vue 7 payed version is the real product. Vue 7 pioneer is a free limited version of the real product for people to try it out and hopefully buy all the gazillion addons their seem to be for it.

Something I download to try before I buy...I call that a trial version. I guess I dont follow them same logic as they do.

And lets be honest here... logo == watermark kkthxbai.
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:40 pm

Or are they? With one, it is being used as a restriction, and in the other case, it's a feature. I don't think they would blatantly mislead you.
"It's not a trial version", then what is it? A real product? No Vue 7 payed version is the real product. Vue 7 pioneer is a free limited version of the real product for people to try it out and hopefully buy all the gazillion addons their seem to be for it.
Trails usually come with time limitations or some restriction on some other quantifiable part of the app, like render resolution. It's a toned down product, not a trial. Not everything is black and white. There are grey areas in between.

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Post by WytRaven » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:00 pm

Three young men walked into a bar. One died instantly, the other two fortunately got away with minor injuries.

psor
1st Place Winner

Post by psor » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:12 pm

...but what if...well...you were still sitting in that cafe when the Hobgoblin dropped the bombs? :wink:
"The sleeper must awaken"

SaphireS
Indigo 100

Post by SaphireS » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:54 am

and in the other case, it's a feature
Ah so I can turn it off then? :wink:
It's a toned down product, not a trial. Not everything is black and white. There are grey areas in between.
Their marketing department totally got you. :lol:
Your ad here!

16 posts