Bespin...coding online litterally

Discuss stuff not about Indigo.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Borgleader

Bespin...coding online litterally

Post by Borgleader » Mon May 18, 2009 5:25 am

https://bespin.mozilla.com/

If i had to make a comparison this would be sort of playing a game in Co-op mode except...for programming. From an article I read this application was developed in the Mozilla labs. Its still in early development though (current version is 0.2.2).

One of the most interesting features (according to the article) is the ability to code online with someone else simultaneously. The application was built to be very fast even with big projects. And of course with it being online it's accessible from anywhere that has an internet access and it also happens to be free.

Now I haven't had the chance to try it yet. I'll probably just create an account and ask one of my friends to login as well just to see how well this co-op mode the article talks about really is like. I'll report back here when I do :)

-Borg
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

PureSpider

Re: Bespin...coding online litterally

Post by PureSpider » Mon May 18, 2009 7:53 am

I'd be in to try it with you :)

jim_archviz

Re: Bespin...coding online litterally

Post by jim_archviz » Mon May 18, 2009 9:08 am

Looks nice.

I would say more a research project / HTML 5 (Safari only supports it in beta version) demo than an actual product.

Personally I don't see much use to have a web-based code editor for actual real-life software development.
And IMHO, this "collaboration" consisting in having several persons editing the same file at the same time is a big NO-NO.

But certainly it shows the potential of web-apps with HTML 5.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1