Musik of Elements?

Discuss stuff not about Indigo.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Kram1032

Musik of Elements?

Post by Kram1032 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:54 am

I just did a (admittedly rather short) search on google: Music Fire Tone Flame etc.... And didn't find nice (acoustic) recordings of any kind of fire. Just one wav with rather cheap and annoying sounding roaring fire where you really can't say, if it's rather a (also poor attempt on a) waterfall...

There are quite a lot good recordings of water (very often in combination with birds...) but all the other elements (no matter if you use the european or the asiatic system of fire, water, earth and air or fire, water, earth, wood and metal) turn out rather disappointing...

Of course, I'll go on searching via google, but does anyone already have such nice "elementary" (natural) recordings? (Algorithmic music, based on the elements also is allowed, though, no man made instruments, which often can be used for metal and or wood and always air....) (Not counting the computer as man made instrument, here...)

Stur

Post by Stur » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:51 am

I'm not sure to understand what you're looking for. Are you looking for music using fire noise ? Or just fire noise effect ?

For the last case, I've found some good ones here : http://www.therecordist.com/pages/downloads.html

edit : this site is amazing ! I'm randomly listening to sounds, they are excellents ! I recommand the "dragon breathing" and the "monster growling" :D

jeffr

Post by jeffr » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:39 am

Another you can try is www.freesound.org

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:47 am

Hey, thanks :)
That's nice :)

I actually don't need it (yet). Just wanted to have.
One of the three books, I'm writing, topics on elements... (All of the three books are fantasy stories...) And I was writing about the character, representing fire, at that time... That's why I asked for ALL elements: I wanted to have some sounds to each of the six characters... (using the Chinese Model + THE main person, being a dragon and representing either all the elements at once, or as sometimes seen as well, the "aether")
[That very short description sounds rather dull, I'm afraid, and doesn't at all tell you anything about the plot... The story is currently 15 pages long (with lots of additional "note"-sentences, which might already fill a whole page on their own), untitled, and the plot grows on the fly. :) Currently, Fire, Ice (could be water), the dragon and (maybe; not sure if she'll actually represent that role) wood are there...
If Ice != Water, then there'll be some "mixed" elements... Where Ice would be... uhm... Water - Fire, maybe ( "-" = "minus" ) {Still not well thought trough... as you can see^^ }

Thanks a lot, you two :)

4 posts • Page 1 of 1