Page 1 of 1
Getting indigo to work in ubuntu 64 bit system.
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:17 am
by tobak30
I am pretty noob when coming to linux. (installed ubuntu 64 bit yesterday) And i wondered if there where some way to get wine to work.. Have done some reading on the wine site. And there seems like the wine for 64 bit systems are not working. But there seem to be a way arouind to get the 32 bit system working. but that seems like a bit of consol work.
What i wondered was. Is there anyone who has experience with wine and ubuntu 64 bit?
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:55 am
by PhilBo
I had no issue running it out of the box with Fedora 7 64. If you cannot get it to work with Ubuntu, you might want to try Fedora 7 64.
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:57 am
by Kram1032
That's what the Wine page said itself.... Fedora wont have troubles with 64bit, Ubuntu wont have, either, but you need additional stuff....
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:41 pm
by tobak30
Yeah I know. There is some commands i have to get into the terminal to get it working.
this worked for me
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:47 am
by dandy
Hi!
This worked for me on both Feisty and Gutsy (AMD64)...
Code: Select all
wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
Code: Select all
sudo wget http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/sources.list.d/feisty.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq.list
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:20 am
by zsouthboy
Dandy: I am almost certain there is a wine Gutsy repository now, but I will double check on that when I get home.