Loaner machine with a good GPU needed

Discuss stuff not about Indigo.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
FakeShamus

Loaner machine with a good GPU needed

Post by FakeShamus » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:02 am

Hi, I am just throwing this out there on the off chance someone might be able and willing to help...

I have a computer simulation artwork I made in Unreal Engine that will be exhibited in London in August and I'm trying to coordinate the proper hardware for the gallery to properly run it. They have a 55" 4K screen (which should make it look awesome!), but only macbooks and a mac mini as computer hardware, which I'm afraid is not gonna cut it.

So, if anyone happens to be in the London area with an extra computer that would be able to play such a simulation, as smoothly as possible on this big screen, it would be a huge help. Not sure what I can offer in return, but since it would basically be a rental, that's definitely something I'm up for discussing. The show will probably run for about a month, but I don't have specific dates yet. Anyway if you want to reply here or pm, just let me know. Thanks!

FakeShamus

Re: Loaner machine with a good GPU needed

Post by FakeShamus » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:54 am

Hi, I am just bumping this in case someone may be able to help. I have solid dates for the exhibition now, from August 7-18th. The gallery staff has attempted to run my simulation on their computers and of course it doesn't work at all, so I am getting slightly desperate.

Please get in touch if there is any possibility of borrowing a gaming machine for a couple weeks! Or, as an alternative, if anyone has a recommendation of where we might simply rent this kind of hardware in London that would be a help. Thanks!

jcap168

Re: Loaner machine with a good GPU needed

Post by jcap168 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:29 am

Just a suggestion but if I were you I would first find a beefy PC to run it on no matter where it is located then remote to that computer from where you are. May solve your problem.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1