GPU Open by AMD

Discuss stuff not about Indigo.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
contegufo

GPU Open by AMD

Post by contegufo » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:23 am

Hi

AMD has officially kicked off the GPU Open, an initiative that will enable developers to access the layers of lower level video cards. http://gpuopen.com/welcometogpuopen/

AMD has officially launched the initiative called Open GPU to enable developers to access layers of lower level video cards, allowing them to optimize their code and better performance.
The manufacturer said that the program GPU Open will provide source code, documentation and thorough detailed resources, enabling you to exploit the API can draw as close as possible executable commands on all cards. The idea is to propose an answer "open" to polarize the technical development of NVIDIA closed.

Will be available development kits used entirely by the company and the MIT license should allow the re-use in proprietary software without problems (provided that the license is distributed with this software). Obviously NVIDIA may give a look at how things are done in the house of the competition but this possibility does not seem to be a concern for AMD.
Nvidia, in fact, offers a development kit called GameWorks, but access to some functions is reserved for developers of high-level devices to pay, a practice that according to AMD is not perfectly legitimate.
Mac Mini 2011 - 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 Mb.
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

https://www.behance.net/Paolo_Conti

Originalplan®
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: GPU Open by AMD

Post by Originalplan® » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:14 pm

I seen this too its great i think.
Hope Indigo will use it on the Mac front.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1