Discuss stuff not about Indigo.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
vis4arch

Octane Render Cloud Version Announced

Post by vis4arch » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Another Renderer - GPU Based...

just announced Cloud render version:

http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29544

This feature would be great to have for indigo renderer too - cloud based render farm displayed in the integrated plugin of indigo....
all the best,
tamas

berg8 - werbeagentur

. design . web . marketing .

Ilay
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Octane Render Cloud Version Announced

Post by Ilay » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:45 am

vis4arch wrote:Another Renderer - GPU Based...

just announced Cloud render version:

http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29544

This feature would be great to have for indigo renderer too - cloud based render farm displayed in the integrated plugin of indigo....
It reminds me about partnership with Green Button, but i can not find info. GB cloud services support Indigo renderer.
I'm sorry for my bad English

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:58 am

with 1$ power GPU/h and 112 GPUs used in that demo you pay 1.86$ per minute of that animation or 3cent per second :)
Seems a quite good cost/performance ratio to me...
polygonmanufaktur.de

Mor4us
3rd Place Winner
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by Mor4us » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:59 am

vis4arch wrote: This feature would be great to have for indigo renderer too - cloud based render farm displayed in the integrated plugin of indigo....
I still don't think this will be usable for real production workflow. If you take a closer look to the shown scene it's perfectly optimized and already transferred to the GPUs.
If you've already used Indigo in network rendering you learn a lot about how it works, and the traffic produced with high resolution renderings or big files (high polycount / highres textures) is immense!!!
It's because Indigo transfers the raw 32bit (before super sampling) to master. This way I've already had 1GB files from slave sent to master, no problem in Gbit LAN but how should this work in the cloud?
You'll probably need all Computers connected to fibreglass networks ;)
C4D R20 Studio
mad-imagery.com

galinette
1st Place Winner

Post by galinette » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:19 pm

Mor4us wrote:
vis4arch wrote: This feature would be great to have for indigo renderer too - cloud based render farm displayed in the integrated plugin of indigo....
I still don't think this will be usable for real production workflow. If you take a closer look to the shown scene it's perfectly optimized and already transferred to the GPUs.
If you've already used Indigo in network rendering you learn a lot about how it works, and the traffic produced with high resolution renderings or big files (high polycount / highres textures) is immense!!!
It's because Indigo transfers the raw 32bit (before super sampling) to master. This way I've already had 1GB files from slave sent to master, no problem in Gbit LAN but how should this work in the cloud?
You'll probably need all Computers connected to fibreglass networks ;)
For the advertised use (fast high quality preview), supersampling not really needed. You need it for production only.

And clouds are almost never using Ethernet, but Infiniband. And if you connect your nodes in a tree structure, you can avoid saturating your network even with a high number of nodes.

Off course, that's not affordable for home use...
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com

5 posts • Page 1 of 1