[REQ] SSS and other advanced materials

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Adam Guzowski

[REQ] SSS and other advanced materials

Post by Adam Guzowski » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:35 pm

Here is my request

I wish I could use some kind of SSS material implementation or even a translucence-sort of thing. (something like semi-transparent platic or others from polurethanes family materials)

Another one is to make a possibility of using displacement effect on each material

Kachu

Post by Kachu » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:40 pm

Currently you can use bump maps on all of the materials (See Here). I assume you want normal maps or something like that.

dogfin

Post by dogfin » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:35 pm

Yo, I'm dogfin, the resident topic killer. I reply and within two posts, the topic is dead. 8) (J/K, I hope). My thoughts are that advanced materials such as SSS be slated for Indigo v3.0 or so. Right now Indigo shouldn't be feature complete, it should be complete features.

I would love to load up a 500meg+ xml that uses all 3gigs of my ram and starts swaping on the disk without even sweating. I've read about reverse gamma (I'm too clueless to know :D ), flawless png output, and other stuff, it would be cool if all that worked solid first before extra features. Thats just me, later.

dogfin -

skypa

Post by skypa » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:58 pm

dogfin wrote: I would love to load up a 500meg+ xml that uses all 3gigs of my ram and starts swapping on the disk without even sweating.
I sign that. Right now it's taking aaaages to load a fairly complex scene into the renderer. But I'd also like subsurface scattering, even if it's fake. Aside from feature completeness, it's just a feature that should be a must in a "photorealistic" renderer.

Adam Guzowski

Post by Adam Guzowski » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:52 am

another one request ... ;) more to come

having good fun with indigo I though it would be really cool to have a possibility of using bitmap file as light emission source.
I could be solved (partly) sss faking ;)
I could be nicely added into existing Emitter material (in 3dsmax)

thanks

5 posts • Page 1 of 1