Page 1 of 1

[REQ] path for scenefile for network rendering

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:19 am
by Zom-B
Rendering in network mode is fun and speeds up your work the more clients are available! But Network rendering via Internet using Hamachi for example has a major downside:

Your network master sends the scene file to each client, one after the other...
Since not everybody has a fast upload connection, I would like to request a path definition via command line for the scene file!

By this I could simply upload my scene to FTP and start my master that only needs to communicate the link, and every client can download the scene file and start a lot faster.

Also some p2p like sharing of the scene file could help a lot, but is maybe to much work :)


Please share your thoughts about this idea!

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:53 pm
by OnoSendai
This is how it used to work, and it was too complicated for most people.

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:16 pm
by Zom-B
He he... I admit that this way is only interesting for internet based network rendering, for LAN connected Network the actual system is great!

I only wanted to have this alternate methode to be availible too... if possible...

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:55 am
by suvakas
Whatever you do, please don't ruin the current system.
Rendering over internet can be fun, but hardly usable in some more serious situation.