[BUG]/Request - Stop/pause render does not work

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
c 4

[BUG]/Request - Stop/pause render does not work

Post by c 4 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:55 am

Hi,

I haven't used Indigo for a long time, did a quick test now and then wanted to stop the rendering - not by closing Indigo but by using the menu option "stop render".
I was asked if I wanted to stop it, chose yes and it even displayed "Stopping render..." but it still continued to render. There was also "Render thread terminating." displayed for each tread but it continued rendering nontheless.

While this is clearly not an important annoyance, it would be nice if it would work like expected.

Also the menu option "pause" does not work, don't know about resume.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but a search did not show anything.

Here is a quick request: it would be really nice if you could make the Indigo window remember it's last state, for example starting maximized, in my case it is always a bit off-screen.

PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:14 am

That issue is indigo still tonemapping the picture even if the render stopped.
I requested to disable the tonemapping with the stop/pause before, too...

c 4

Post by c 4 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:31 am

Hi PureSpider, thanks for your reply.

So the stop iusse is known, but when I click on pause or resume paused render absolutely nothing happens, so that might be a new bug - or is it the same ? I mean, when clicking stop, stopping thread is shown in the console but for pause it displays nothing.

dmn
3rd Place Winner

Post by dmn » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:39 am

I think it still stops though, right? It just has to complete the tonemapping and then it's done. You just have to wait?

I guess the other option would be that pausing or stopping cancels the current iteration and reverts to the previous display or save output?

c 4

Post by c 4 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:32 am

Hi dmn.

No, it tonemaps the image and then tonemaps it again until the end of time.

Just noticed: pause does work, it just is not displayed in the console. But the tonemapping goes on nonetheless.

PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:40 am

Yes pause does work but the render thread is not terminated so you can continue rendering later, thats the difference to the stop option - terminating/not terminating

6 posts • Page 1 of 1