Page 1 of 1

Black Images

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:46 am
by Vendetta
I just downloaded Indigo and am struggling to use it. So far I have been unsuccessful. Here are two of my attempts. The monkey was rendered in Blender and Indigo, and the vase was rendered in Yafray and Indigo.

Both the pictures assign a black, non reflective material to things I don't want. Why is this?

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:07 am
by Stur
Hi !

Which version of Indigo and which exporter did you use ?
And what kind of lighting did you set ?

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:09 am
by Vendetta
I'm using Indigo 0.6. I downloaded it from the Stable Releases page. I set up one sun lamp, 15 degrees left of the camera, pointed at the subjects. I used the v0.6beta3 exporter.

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:57 am
by Kram1032
This looks really strange...
Now, the new indigo version (atm 0.7.5 soonish 0.7.6)
is already easier to use, than 0.6, 'cause of the better exporters...
try 0.7.5 ;) It's quite stable, I never had a problem with it, yet (except 'cause of my fault) and blendigo is really helpful :D

Did you use thick materials? (especially the vase)
and did you use phong, or specular?
I recomend you, to use phong, as both the vase and suzanne don't seem to be transparent in the other two renders ;)

(you can set it up, by don't using Raymirrior or Raytrans, but quite a high Specularity ;)

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:19 pm
by Vendetta
I can't find 0.7.6 exporter. And I couldn't find 0.7.5, so I downloaded .7 test 4. I tried with .6 exporter with .7 test 4 and got a fatal error pretty quickly.

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:50 pm
by Kram1032
wait, I'll post the links ;)
Edit1: Indigo 0.7 test 5 test 6 isn't out, yet, it will be there soonish (which can be between one hour and one year ;) Ono doesn't want to even a very blurry "about" :()

Edit2: Violet tonemapper It's a new feature for 0.7 test 5!
It's a post work tonemapper, so, that you can refine many things :D
Just read throug the Thread, to get more infos ;)

Edit3: Newest Blendigo exporter read through the whole first post, to find out, what may is wrong ;)
You don't just need a python script, but some additional stuff. You can find all the stuff on the page ;)

(Check the attachment: Is there just one file (a .py)? Then you have to look for the rest in the same post....)

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:57 am
by CTZn
Edit2: Violet tonemapper It's a new feature for 0.7 test 5!
It's a post work tonemapper, so, that you can refine many things
...and hopefully fix your problem. Aren't you using linear tonemapping ?

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:55 pm
by Vendetta
I have no idea what kind of tonemapping I'm using. That's how n00b I am. Interestingly enough, I tried another render with the setup I described earlier. The image showed steady improvement for the first 3 hours, then got worse/stayed the same for the next 7. What could be the reason for this?

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:40 pm
by Vendetta
I can't get Blendigo to work. Either IndigoWrapper.conf is in the proper folder, and the exporter won't run, or I remove IndigoWrapper, and the exporter will open but it won't do anything.

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:15 pm
by Stur
Did you edit IndigoWrapper.conf with notepad to set your path to indigo.exe ?

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:06 pm
by Kram1032
maybe, this helps...
Blendigo Tutorial