indigo denoiser seems unusable in gpu mode with low class CPUs like Pentium and Celerons (include gen6 / gen7)

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
wob

indigo denoiser seems unusable in gpu mode with low class CPUs like Pentium and Celerons (include gen6 / gen7)

Post by wob » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:46 pm

i found that indigo denoiser seems unusable in gpu mode with low class CPUs like Pentium and Celerons (gen6 / gen7) . i have two machines: 1) pentium / celeron processor (generation 6/7, skylake / kabylake) + gtx 1060 and 2) core i7-9650 + rtx 2060. i cant get final result on test scene (with 10 mlns polygons) with pentium / celeron pc : rendering would take forever (around 0% gpu utilisation all time; but there is no problems with rendering without denoiser test on single gtx 1060 + low cpu pc). but, denoiser works fine with i7 core 9650 (all time - 99% gpu utiisation).

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: indigo denoiser seems unusable in gpu mode with low class CPUs like Pentium and Celerons (include gen6 / gen7)

Post by Zom-B » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:17 pm

Hey wob, thanks for the feedback!
A CPU with support for at least SSE4.1 is required to run Intel Open Image Denoise. Is your CPU in this category?

Denoising is very CPU heavy and I highly recommend enabling it only on the end of your render or meanhile for testing.
Best to pause rendering while you enable it ;)

Denoising is also super RAM hungry and by default set to use max 6GB of RAM. High Super Sampling raises denoise time a lot, since internal resolution is used for denoising.
How much RAM does your systems have?
polygonmanufaktur.de

2 posts • Page 1 of 1