Skindigo Crashes with pipes

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
bconverse

Skindigo Crashes with pipes

Post by bconverse » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:56 am

Hello Everyone - I'm new to the Indigo World after trying V ray for sketchup. V ray was very very unreliable. Indigo has been good for most of my work, but I now find myself having to produce a rendering of a boiler room. (Lots of pipes and curved surfaces). Indigo crashes and cannot launch the viewport in this file. Is this a graphics card issue?

I've had this issue with basically any file that has pipes or curved surfaces in it.

I run sketchup on a 2015 MacBook pro that is currently running OS High Sierra. I would attach the file for you all but I believe it is too large.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: Skindigo Crashes with pipes

Post by Zom-B » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:19 am

hey bconverse,

feel free to upload to dropbox and link here or use other external filehoster.
I can take a look at the PIGS that you can save out of indigo.
Just open Indigo and inside that open the last scene that crashed. Now after loading the scene, and before hitting render, do save the file as a PIGS so I get all meshes and textures ziped in one file.
polygonmanufaktur.de

bconverse

Post by bconverse » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:22 am

Zom-B wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:19 am
hey bconverse,

feel free to upload to dropbox and link here or use other external filehoster.
I can take a look at the PIGS that you can save out of indigo.
Just open Indigo and inside that open the last scene that crashed. Now after loading the scene, and before hitting render, do save the file as a PIGS so I get all meshes and textures ziped in one file.
Thanks for the reply! I will download dropbox. Don't know if this is any help, but Indigo doesn't even open - crashes before it can launch.

Also it's the trial version.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:04 am

Feel free to use this code for dropbox registration, so we both get some extra space for free: https://db.tt/5ZkFltiM

Trial should not be limited in functionality here besides render resolution.
Try opening the exported scene manualy, not out of sketchup, by that Indigo needs an extra click to start rendering, where it then does some calculations and so on that could cause the issue.
polygonmanufaktur.de

bconverse

Post by bconverse » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Okay - I'll try exporting it into Indigo. I haven't tried that yet - I usually just launch straight from the Indigo toolbar.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1