Post producción options

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
11 posts • Page 1 of 1
Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

Post producción options

Post by Lal-O » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:28 am

Hi guys...I was thinking that it would be nice to have some post production options...like glare, fog, chromatic aberration.. Etc, etc... The glare feature is the most important (to me) so i could have effects in the Sky and lights like the images below :
Cheers :D
Attachments
_20161231_111942.JPG
_20161231_112017.JPG
_20161231_112503.JPG
_20161231_112533.JPG
Last edited by Lal-O on Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Originalplan®
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Post producción options

Post by Originalplan® » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:33 am

Put this on the camera it will get you glare & bloom.
Chromatic abe would be nice..but only a minimal amount too much and it ruins the pic IMO.
Attachments
glare_obstacle_n.png
glare_obstacle_f.png
glare_obstacle_e_2.png

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:03 am

Thanks for the reply. It seems really interesting ... but how do i do that ? this is the first time i hear is possible to achieve that effect with an obstacle camera map... in fact i don't have a clue about how to use that option. :shock:

Originalplan®
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by Originalplan® » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:17 am

Lal-O wrote:Thanks for the reply. It seems really interesting ... but how do i do that ? this is the first time i hear is possible to achieve that effect with an obstacle camera map... in fact i don't have a clue about how to use that option. :shock:
Just experiment with them or make your own obstacle map. You won't get fog or anything like that. But you will get nice effects for lights and even the sun lights with the right settings.
Not sure...in c4d it's few clicks to get maps on the cam. If you are on c4d i can help if not i can't.
( you won't get chromatic abe from this.Just to be clear.)

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:25 am

Well, basically, it's about this effect called Aperture diffraction. Inside Indigo, it can be achieved through Post-processing mode, or physical. They are both equal in accuracy, only the post-process one demands more RAM, while the physical one kinda grows/samples as your scene sampling progresses with it.

You can find more about it here:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/documenta ... iffraction

As for the effect, putting an obstacle map will basically change the final look of the aperture diffraction. You can load this map, usually in the camera object properties, but it depends on the host app you are using. I can help you only with Cinema 4D, but the principle is the same.

The general shape can be determined by the aperture shape, which can be generated by Indigo, or by user, through the use of a map. Also, the effect itself depends on the f-stop.

Check this topic out:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=11730

Happy hunting! :D

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Originalplan® wrote:
Lal-O wrote:Thanks for the reply. It seems really interesting ... but how do i do that ? this is the first time i hear is possible to achieve that effect with an obstacle camera map... in fact i don't have a clue about how to use that option. :shock:
Just experiment with them or make your own obstacle map. You won't get fog or anything like that. But you will get nice effects for lights and even the sun lights with the right settings.
Not sure...in c4d it's few clicks to get maps on the cam. If you are on c4d i can help if not i can't.
( you won't get chromatic abe from this.Just to be clear.)
Ok..I see, unfortunately i am not a C4D user . I should have mention that before. I use SketchUp.
Thx for the info anyway. Respect :D

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:26 pm

thesquirell wrote:Well, basically, it's about this effect called Aperture diffraction. Inside Indigo, it can be achieved through Post-processing mode, or physical. They are both equal in accuracy, only the post-process one demands more RAM, while the physical one kinda grows/samples as your scene sampling progresses with it.

You can find more about it here:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/documenta ... iffraction

As for the effect, putting an obstacle map will basically change the final look of the aperture diffraction. You can load this map, usually in the camera object properties, but it depends on the host app you are using. I can help you only with Cinema 4D, but the principle is the same.

The general shape can be determined by the aperture shape, which can be generated by Indigo, or by user, through the use of a map. Also, the effect itself depends on the f-stop.

Check this topic out:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=11730

Happy hunting! :D
Thx for the info thesquirell, i guess tha was exactly what i was looking for . I just didn't like the extra RAM and rendering time consumption.(i already have enough suffering dealing with the displacement materials). Anyway , the bloom /glare effect is really cool to give it a try :D .

Regards

Eneen

Post by Eneen » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:51 pm

Indigo lacks options to change type of glare/bloom during and after rendering, so to change look you have to re-render (we are talking about post-processed mode of course). It also calculates it every refresh so slows down first couple of minutes of rendering.
You also can't adjust intensity of diffraction as it depends on aperture setting, so it will also alter dof. I've made req for that here:
http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=13830
Workaround is to render in f/22 and mix with non post-processed image (untick "enable aperture diffraction"). It will give very similar result.

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:32 am

I have seen some other rendering programs (biased & unbiased) that uses this ADJUSTABLE post production options, some of them won't take to re-render the image to apply the FX options. Vray Fx works after the rendering is finished, Thea during and after the render process, Fryrender and Arion during and after the render process,but it takes to re-star the render even to adjust camera settings (ISO,DoF..etc etc...by the way , this last 2 programs are not longer available in the market ).

So,in the end , indigo is way better than the programs named before and i don't see why indigo would not implement these features if the other programs could.

I am not a programmer just an indigo user and i don't know what it takes to bring all this stuff to indigo, maybe im asking for some silly things so i apologize in advance if this is the case :D.

My Best Regards :D

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:10 am

I agree with your request, would be really useful.

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:41 pm

Oh yeah!
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

11 posts • Page 1 of 1