[REQ] Linear with burn and contrast param

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
dcm

[REQ] Linear with burn and contrast param

Post by dcm » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:09 am

Request after long time hehe.

In other renderers, im using linear workflow heavily for commercial works (archviz mostly) and i`d like to ask you devs, if is possible to implement burn and contrast parameter for linear tonemapping.
I know that reinhard should work but having above mentioned functions will keep output linear with possibility to control burned areas and "flatness" by contrast parameter.

Thanks

lycium

Re: [REQ] Linear with burn and contrast param

Post by lycium » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:19 am

It's been planned for quite some time to include colour curves and auto-exposure on all tonemapping modes, and I've just confirmed with Nick that it'll be included after Indigo 3.6 :)

This will offer a whole lot of extra flexibility compared to the current approach.

dcm

Post by dcm » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:45 am

lycium wrote:
This will offer a whole lot of extra flexibility compared to the current approach.
This! :idea: :)

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:31 am

this is awesome.
somewhat related, can I ask if there are plans for support for color profiles beyond sRGB?

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:40 am

FakeShamus wrote:this is awesome.
somewhat related, can I ask if there are plans for support for color profiles beyond sRGB?
For saving of images?

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:36 am

For me, it's specifically for printing. If indigo were able to do tone mapping and image adjustments directly within the color space of the printer I use before saving it, it would avoid color conversion issues I sometimes have. I'm thinking this would work differently than just converting the image to a profile from srgb (which wouldn't be any different) instead using the full spectrum data and mapping the colors to the specified profile... more like assigning the profile, in Photoshop terms. Then having Indigo's tone mapping to get everything looking the way you want would avoid most of the post-pro imaging that's necessary otherwise. But if I'm mistaken about how that all works within indigo (I probably am...) then forgive me.

Voytech

Post by Voytech » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:25 am

FakeShamus wrote:For me, it's specifically for printing. If indigo were able to do tone mapping and image adjustments directly within the color space of the printer I use before saving it, it would avoid color conversion issues I sometimes have. I'm thinking this would work differently than just converting the image to a profile from srgb (which wouldn't be any different) instead using the full spectrum data and mapping the colors to the specified profile... more like assigning the profile, in Photoshop terms. Then having Indigo's tone mapping to get everything looking the way you want would avoid most of the post-pro imaging that's necessary otherwise. But if I'm mistaken about how that all works within indigo (I probably am...) then forgive me.
Plus one to this. It would be nice to work in ProPhotoRGB or AdobeRGB.

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:35 am

I was going to say that, lots of people prefer to print inkjet from adobe 98, better results, depending on the color range you're after.

galinette
1st Place Winner

Post by galinette » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:28 am

OpenEXR supports XYZ data and I believe that photoshop reads it. If Indigo could save XYZ EXR images, all color spaces could be achieved with no loss in precision, by converting them with photoshop.

Etienne
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com

9 posts • Page 1 of 1