[Req] Indigo updater

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
neo0.

[Req] Indigo updater

Post by neo0. » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:39 am

It would have a lot of time, if we could just update indigo by clicking an update button (like many programs do). Indigo would then exit and bring itself up to dfate. It would be surprising if I was the first person to bring this up. I mean, as someone who's been using indigo for quite some time, Im beginning to feel like the current updating scheme is getting pretty tedious.

What im picturing would be something like steam. When you start up indigo, you would be presented with a diologue that gives you the changelist and asks you if you would like to update to the newer version. This would also open the doors for other new features.. Such as integrated video tutorials..

In the future, indigo could also do something like firefox where it checks for update versions of plugins..

Just putting this out there guys

everwind
Indigo 100

Re: [Req] Indigo updater

Post by everwind » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:10 am

Hi, I agree but I suppose the main problem is about indigo development process that implies that most of versions are "beta". What's more, to change Indigo's version often implies to change exporter and they may not all be stable or suitable with your software's version (ex : every Blendigo version is related with ONE indigo version and ONE blender version, so maybe better not to have autoupdate in this case).

neo0.

Re: [Req] Indigo updater

Post by neo0. » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:18 pm

everwind wrote:Hi, I agree but I suppose the main problem is about indigo development process that implies that most of versions are "beta". What's more, to change Indigo's version often implies to change exporter and they may not all be stable or suitable with your software's version (ex : every Blendigo version is related with ONE indigo version and ONE blender version, so maybe better not to have autoupdate in this case).
Well, for one thing, you could have an option under preferences to enable or disable betas. Or the update could simply notify you that it's a beta release and so it might not be stable. Easy. :)

3 posts • Page 1 of 1