Download Trial Buy now

Search  | Login  | Register

Hey Ono,
just coming up again with an old request... :mrgreen:

'direct-composite' shadow catcher for animation with photo background.

2nd Place 100
+1 :-)

Grüsse, zeiti

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.0.47 | Indigo for C4D 4.0.48 | C4D R14.042 | Mac OS X 10.12 | Windows 7 Professional x64

OMG I can't believe this! after 1 year! XD
still can't find a direct-composite shadow catcher function with Cindigo,the best 3D render in the world.
the cinema 4d R16 is the pipeline for AE now,with more works about the realtime combination
not the hdri maps or pics,it's the huge bytes of movie background...
but if you choose the Cindigo,you have to send it to the PS first...frame by frame...XD

Should probably not be too hard to integrate. The dev mentioned that they were going to introduce the ability to use a background image right inside Indigo when doing alpha rendering.

The NVIDIA iray for Dazstudio is just out.
It has a invisable "ground plane" to receive the fake shadow even it's free.
And the new Thea render 1.4 has a function of "shadow catcher" at the top of every material.
They are both new gpu render.

2nd Place Winner
Well, I suggest we'll have to wait until Indigo v4 is out with some new ass-kick-magic inside.
Then usually after such a main release, Glare does a ton of new beta builds with even more new features etc.
This will be the time to ask again, but I really hope for some proper on-the-fly render passes, where the shadow pass will be one from ;)

Zom-B wrote:
Well, I suggest we'll have to wait until Indigo v4 is out with some new ass-kick-magic inside.
Then usually after such a main release, Glare does a ton of new beta builds with even more new features etc.
This will be the time to ask again, but I really hope for some proper on-the-fly render passes, where the shadow pass will be one from ;)

+1 :shock:

ass5001 wrote:
Zom-B wrote:

+1 :shock:

OMG!!!!!!
I can't believe this!
After 2 years! XD
Still can't find a direct-composite shadow catcher function with Cindigo,the best 3D render in the world.