Page 1 of 1
Still Life [UPDATED WITH NEW RENDER]
Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:50 pm
by DaveC
This is an image which was
started by Afecelis as a project to show his partner's Dad that indigo could be used to recreate a painting done by.., erm.., his partner's Dad.
Did any of that make sense?
Anyway, I used his original jug, created some apples and a glass and this is the final result. An indigo collaboration between myself and Afecelis.
The full size (2560x2048) version can be viewed in the
galleries.
C&C's always welcome (cash and cheques

)
Note: I don't think the composition of this image is as good as Afecelis' original.
I took on board the comments and criticisms (I wanted to take on board cash and cheques) about the composition, contrast and curviness of the jug. I've posted the new version in the gallery. Don't know how to remove the old version! lol
NEW RENDER OF STILL LIFE (sorry for shouting
)
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:20 am
by manitwo
Hi DaveC
Really clean and good looking - but dont know if i would call that finished?
First: the jug is a bit too lowpoly for my taste (espeacially if you look at the highrez pic)
Second: Bad contrast between the table and the background.
A wood- or rug-material or something "non-grey" would help imo
Third: I wouldn't place the object in the middle of the picture - if you move the objects a bit
more toward the right it would be a better composition.
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:31 am
by DaveC
Thanks, Manitwo.
Point one - The jug is from the original blend by afecelis. I would have remodelled it but I'm just too darn lazy.
Point two - Yes. A nice cloth would look bloody nice in there. Red silk/satin perhaps?
Point three - I agree. I did mention that in my original post. Composition is certainly not my strong point.
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:40 am
by manitwo
Point one - The jug is from the original blend by afecelis. I would have remodelled it but I'm just too darn lazy.
Couldn't you simply subdivide it?
Point two - Yes. A nice cloth would look bloody nice in there. Red silk/satin perhaps?
Yes, or maybe something like that
>link<
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:14 am
by afecelis
my poor jug! my poor jug!

davec please subdivide it .....gently...hehehehhe
nice crits Manitwo. Keep em' coming guys. Great way of learning.
Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:58 am
by DaveC
NEW RENDER OF STILL LIFE
C&C's welcome once again.
Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:33 pm
by skypa
Oh c'mon, give that floor texture some love.

First resize the uv-unwrap a little, the texture is way to large. Then create a bump map from your original texture and apply it. As of know it looks.. well, quick&dirty. The jug turned out nicely.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:10 am
by DaveC
I accidentally uploaded both the large and small renders of this pic to the gallery. Hopefully, radiance, you can delete them. I feel a bit of a plonker. Anyway, here is the (hopefully) last update on this. I added a cloth. I made it with Sculpt mode in blender. Also added small 'rivet' spots to the rim of the jug. Any C&Cs always welcome.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:10 pm
by skypa
Well, well, if it isn't the Uffizi Gallery in Italy.

It's looking great now. Personally I'd chose another color for the cloth (which is lovely by the way), maybe something reddish. Oh and the apple in the front looks like it's gonna fall down any moment. Overall very good job, DaveC.
