Page 1 of 1

lego car - first render

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:21 am
by losbellos
Hi, well I have been a sort of user of indigo in the past, but today I tried out the new version, and I must say its amazing. Here is a lego car render.

Re: lego car - first render

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:01 am
by Stromberg
Realy cool render :)
Maybe get some emitters in there aswell, as it does look abit dull right now.

Re: lego car - first render

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:58 am
by losbellos
little update with emitters.

Re: lego car - first render

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:16 am
by CTZn
Thanks for sharing your pleasure, nice ones losbellos !

Re: lego car - first render

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:59 pm
by Stromberg
Looks better :)
Just wondering what modeling app are you using?
Since i can see alot of hard edges and poly's..

Re: lego car - first render

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:02 pm
by losbellos
Stromberg wrote:Looks better :)
Just wondering what modeling app are you using?
Since i can see alot of hard edges and poly's..
Well, this case I use Mlcad, wich is designed especially for lego, there are parts which you can put together, and then used an lwo converter, which is messed it up quite much, so I had to block by block, and find, and reverse the wrong normals. Well, maybe an edge rounding option would be good for indigo as well. Otherwise it might be possible to chamfer all of them, with more or less headeache, maybe even some sss would help. But for now, its ok. I will use this model as a part of material exercise in my book, light and shadow with cinema 4d. this was basically just a test. I wanted to include one of "those" unbiased renderers. It could be the indigo will be the one... I am sort of staisfied with the speed of rendering.