Page 1 of 1

First Indigo rendered TV spot

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:53 am
by Zom-B
Hey guys

One day matsta contacted me about a animation project a customer of offered him. A remake of a existing animation for AMC Cookware in South Africa. The point was that this commercial don't look good enough for the client, to dark and simply not real enough. Matsta showed and told the Agency The Artery about Indigo and they wanted to give it a try!

Since he has no experience in doing Indigo animations, but remembered my Toon Car animation, he asked if I could do this.

long story short, after a skype conference with The Artery and matsta, I agreed to give it a try.

HERE is the final post processed video.

Image

Image

Image

Image


I get the Pot Model and some preview renderings of the "new look" they wanted to archive. After camera matching the old animation in C4D and lighting up the stage, I did some test renderings that showed the quality Indigo could give here.

I did previews with Indigo 2 to reach showable results faster and rendered thefinal movie with 1.1.18.

rendering this animation noiseless was impossible, with my resources. I had some friends online that helped me via network rendering (small scene file + working in PAL resolution helped here!). I also get a Q6600 borrowed from a friend and bought a Phenom II 945 system with 4x3ghz.

after 2 weeks I had the animation done with 1500 spp (less for the first scene, more for the last)

This noisy material was denoised using "Neat Video"! Slow animations + Temporal Noise filter and the great Neat Video Algo was a win here, see for yourself:

Image

Image

I know this animation is not world shaking, and I also don't get rich by doing it... anyway I would like Ono (& Ben) for this piece of software, from my payment I'll buy a Indigo 2 lifetime license and can hopefully render the next clip a lot faster :D
Also a big big thanks for matsta to pass this job over to me!!! :)

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:26 am
by Stinkie
Looks good to me. I also quite like the kitchen animation on your site.

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:27 am
by juan_irender
Quite stunnig, ZomB! I like it very much.
Cheers.

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:29 am
by Godzilla
Great work ZomB! Congrats on finishing the project and buying 2 (What's the reason for 2?) Licenses!


That noise filter is amazing, there's no noticeable blur caused by it. Perhaps something to integrate into Indigo? :o

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:37 pm
by psor
Great work ZomB! The post job is also done quite well. Keep it up! 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


take care
psor

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:20 pm
by suvakas
Arghh... the flare..why the flare ????
I guess it was not your decision?

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:31 pm
by Doug Armand
+1 about the flare :D

But boy thats impressive. Very nice

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:56 am
by zeitmeister
The flare really destroys the high-end-look and -aesthetic...
you should keep a big eye on this here if you want nice accents on highlights.

But f*ckin great work anyway and for sure!

I am longing for my first commercial animation with Indigo...

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:23 am
by CTZn
I think the flare is something they asked, because it is also present in the final logo animation, kind of a brand touch... I was also horrified about it at first, but seems to me they payed for it.

Congrats for the professional experience ZomB, and for the lifetime license !

Re: First Indigo rendered TV spot

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:52 pm
by matsta
Haha,

To be honest the guy in charge of the post work isnt the most clued up designer ive ever met. Anyway the fact of the matter is that indigo did a great job on this one and the client was exceptionally happy.

Great work Arthur!

Regards
Mat