Koi pond

Show off your final renders
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
lar111

Koi pond

Post by lar111 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:17 pm

I haven't posted a render on here for ages, so here is one I have been playing around with lately. Rendered in indigo 1.09 for about 20 hours on a p4...the new version of indigo chokes on the large scene and I had problems getting the shadows in the water to render properly in indigo 2, so I went back to indigo 1.09... All plants are from the web, the grass is BbB's..I am calling it finished, unless someone points out a glaring mistake..
Attachments
koi pond.jpg
koi pond.jpg (229.94 KiB) Viewed 4213 times

CTZn

Re: Koi pond

Post by CTZn » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:23 pm

Woah ! full 3d ?

It's superb !
obsolete asset

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:58 am

A nice image, but the jpg compression is really heavy :(

Only thing I would try to push to further perfection would be the ground of the water... it looks flat and repeating... maybe some displacement or a alternative texture could help here.

Finally this kind of fish aren't "swarm" fishes that move all together... the like it more to spread individually in water :wink:

lar111 wrote:the new version of indigo chokes on the large scene and I had problems getting the shadows in the water to render properly in indigo 2, so I went back to indigo 1.09...
I'm sure Ono would be grateful for a Bugreport with attached (reduced) scene for this ;-)
polygonmanufaktur.de

lar111

Post by lar111 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:10 am

Wow ZomB you must have a good eye to spot that about the ground under the water, it was something that I wasn't happy with. But I thought maybe I was being too fussy, that no one else would notice it..guess I was wrong.... And I had no idea about Koi fish, I seen a few pictures of them grouped like that and just assumed that it was how they are.. Guess I might have to have one more go at it

As for a bug report, well its not surprising that indigo 2 chokes on the scene. Its really quite big and heavy, kind of surprising that 1.09 handles it..Oh I only have 1gig of ram too...The scene has 21 million vertices in it, although a lot of those are instances. There are approx 5000 instances of the grass patch

I tried to keep the file size to a moderate level, must have been a bit too enthusiastic with the compression.. Would anyone like to see the full size render, with less compression ?.. I will upload it if there is any interest

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:16 am

Would anyone like to see the full size render, with less compression ?.. I will upload it if there is any interest
Sure thing, me at least !
obsolete asset

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:08 am

lar111 wrote:Wow ZomB you must have a good eye to spot that about the ground under the water...
He he.... if you take some time to have a proper look a image you always would find something :lol:

Please show us a bigger version!

btw: to save some RAM, render with indigo_console via command line, this saves you the quite big Image buffer loaded to show the image in the GUI version.
polygonmanufaktur.de

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:14 am

ZomB wrote:
lar111 wrote:Wow ZomB you must have a good eye to spot that about the ground under the water...
He he.... if you take some time to have a proper look a image you always would find something :lol:

Please show us a bigger version!

btw: to save some RAM, render with indigo_console via command line, this saves you the quite big Image buffer loaded to show the image in the GUI version.
The problem would be tonemapping it :(

3D Geek

Post by 3D Geek » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:01 pm

Nice! My only crit is that the koi dont look like thry are alive, or real they arnet randomized and it looks like there are to many of them for that size of a pond.

lar111

Post by lar111 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:46 am

Heres a bigger version with less compression.. Thanks for the crits guys, I am redoing the scene actually tacking your crits into account. I have finally got it to render in indigo 2, I found the mesh that was the bottleneck and I pushed up the mncr to 5000 and it seems to render ok now. Oh and have also found some new trees that I want to try ( Cherry blossom tree and a japanese red maple)....
Attachments
koi pond.jpg
koi pond.jpg (919.96 KiB) Viewed 3815 times

9 posts • Page 1 of 1