Capitalism

Show off your final renders
dmn
3rd Place Winner

Post by dmn » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:55 am

maybe if you could get one figure hanging off the side and flailing then tilt the plate a little..don't know how much you can edit of the pose?

but also, for the amount of space in the image that the pavers are taking up, you could probably model them as beveled cubes and texture them with a colored stone texture.

also I think it would be neat if you could use textures to make the scale look a little more tarnished/ beaten up

MadSwede

Post by MadSwede » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:23 pm

maybe if you could get one figure hanging off the side and flailing then tilt the plate a little..don't know how much you can edit of the pose?
Well, I'd make the same point as I did to CTZn. It might look funny but wouldn't be what I'd intended for the image.
but also, for the amount of space in the image that the pavers are taking up, you could probably model them as beveled cubes and texture them with a colored stone texture.
Not a bad idea but due to the scale of the scene, that would amount to roughly 8000 beveled, textured cubes. (Yes, it could be done by only using geometry on the tiles closer to the camera, but still....)
also I think it would be neat if you could use textures to make the scale look a little more tarnished/ beaten up
I haven't got an excuse for this one. I was thinking the same thing but was too lazy. :)

Anyway, here's the blend file with the scene if you want to make your own interpretation. Textures are packed. Models are skinned (badly).
Attachments
Scale.rar
Packed blender scene.
(1015.58 KiB) Downloaded 192 times

17 posts