It's been a while

Show off your final renders
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
WytRaven
Indigo 100

It's been a while

Post by WytRaven » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:48 pm

Hi all. It's been a while since I posted anything. Here's a render I did with v1.09 that finished this morning. It is part of an entry into a logo competition for a 3 axis gantry robot. The idea was just to show what the logo would look like if actually crafted from acrylic.

As per usual it's hand wound polys in Blender (yes I'm still a masochist) and rendered to just under 2000spp in Indigo 1.09.

The complete entry can be found here if anyone is interested.

:idea: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." - Emerson 1841

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:13 pm

Looks good Wyt.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:11 am

Yep it's good, only there could be a distinctive shape/color placed behind the camera, to vary reflections. I just can't help saying this and that, you know :roll:

But glad to see you again in the forums WytRaven !
obsolete asset

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Post by WytRaven » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:27 am

CTZn wrote:Yep it's good, only there could be a distinctive shape/color placed behind the camera, to vary reflections. I just can't help saying this and that, you know :roll:

But glad to see you again in the forums WytRaven !
Yeah I know what you are sayin CTZn I did try to get something going on there but it ended up coming down to the camera angle meaning that what I did put around for reflections didn't end up showing up (this is to scale after all, those steppers are 3.5cm across)....stoopid physics ;) Ok actually it was stoopid me...I should have elevated the subject area so it was effectively sitting on a table. As it is it's sitting on the floor of a room.

There's also the the fact that for opaque acrylic it's not really reflective enough either. I was hopping the steppers would show up more in the reflection :(. Oh well that's what you get for being out of practice huh? :lol:
:idea: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." - Emerson 1841

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:27 pm

Actually I was referring to reflections on steppers, specially the one in the foreground ! The logo is fine to me, it stands out very well as is :)
obsolete asset

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Post by WytRaven » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:47 pm

Ah well in that case you are still right and I should have elevated the display area as it would have helped to show the scratches through the anodised layer to the bare Al better. You can see the effect ok on the big scratch on the base of the one next to the 'M' but yeah, it doesn't look so good on the foreground one as it's only reflecting the white. Bah I'll do better next time ;) :lol:

Thanks for the comments :)

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:41 pm

Sorry i played with your render, I think you should correct tour white balance or try to get more light

here an exemple of a little correction from gimp
Attachments
micRoLogo.jpg
micRoLogo.jpg (364.21 KiB) Viewed 3870 times

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:04 pm

yeh man, what PC setup you running now? :)

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Post by WytRaven » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:57 pm

CoolColJ wrote:yeh man, what PC setup you running now? :)
Still the same one (Atlhon64 FX62) as I got much more ambitious ;) Basically I am waiting for Shanghai/Nehalem release before upgrading as it seems a little silly to go with Harpertown or Barcelona at end of line. In the mean time I am designing and building a rather unique enclosure for the new beast. Long term project that's getting there slowly. I would guestimate probably another six months at least before new machine is operational.

Roger

Post by Roger » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:46 am

No time to real all posts, but the 'R' seems a bit like a 'C' because of the shape and position of the middle grey shiny thingy. Perhaps with intention, otherwise a bit odd. Lovely design!!!
Sander "Roger" Wit
The Netherlands

10 posts • Page 1 of 1