Unashamed self-promotion...

Show off your final renders
Wedge

Post by Wedge » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:49 pm

That is awesome news BbB! :)

Good to hear you are doing well. (I am doing great also, keeping busy.)
Content contained in my posts is for informational purposes only and is used at your own risk.

ave

Post by ave » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:57 pm

you are doing CG just from two years?!?
now I am really afraid of you... :shock:

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:00 pm

ave wrote:you are doing CG just from two years?!?
now I am really afraid of you... :shock:
I don't want to question about BbB's talent.. far from it, but it seems to me, that it's more easier to pick up 3D in 2008 than it was like 5-10 years ago. Net is full of all kinds of material in our days + since the cpu speeds have gone up we have more "one button" renderers and etc. Also the community has grown a lot.
My point is, that for me 2 years now seems like 4 years in the past or smth like that. I don't get surprised anymore by such a small time amounts cause the times are different too. I think we even sleep faster now 8)

Grimm

Post by Grimm » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:32 am

Congrats BbB, much deserved. 8)
Grimm

Roger

Post by Roger » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:05 am

Haha, just received a cd from a friend with recordings from his new little band. On the cd-r was written 'shameless self-promotion' :). Anyway....

Congrats! Very cool to see it in a mag like 3D world! Cool cool!

Very cool work too, naturally! Haven't seen the top one before, very very cool work with great details. Especially the road is almost never done as good as in this work. The reflections, textures, grass in between cracks... cool!

Perhaps this is not the best place to mention some crits on the top image, but imo there are a few things that could be different. The electricity poles are cool but there should be one or two more, slightly visible, far away in the distance. In other words, at this moment the mist of the horizon suddenly seems to eat a few poles. The grass in the left foreground and the grass near the car could have more density imo. I'm not sure, but I think the direction of the rain should maybe, not sure, be less diagonal in the right of the image considering perspective. In most cases, imo, windows of shops, cafe's and tank-stations, have all kind of stickers, posters and stuff on it. Your windows are completely empty, witch is possible and perhaps a choice of style, but I think it could have some posters or stickers on it.

It's a great great detailed work with great atmosphere, but could be improved just slightly imho.

Cool!
Sander "Roger" Wit
The Netherlands

PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:04 am

Eeeeh you know the top one is NOT by BbB, don't you?

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:29 am

PureSpider wrote:Eeeeh you know the top one is NOT by BbB, don't you?
Y'know what, I think he doesn't :lol: I thought it was his at first, 'till I read the text between the images.
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

Roger

Post by Roger » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:11 am

Och, my apologies bbb, never realized it. Have seen your sci-fi work before, and think I've commented on it so I'll just say congrats and great peace of work!
Sander "Roger" Wit
The Netherlands

23 posts