Invasion of the ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`

Show off your final renders
mzungu

Post by mzungu » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:08 am

On the hi-def version, the compositing errors are more noticable, esp. around the feet of the closer aliens. Suggest post-proc to smooth these out. Also, the round "eye" sockets show distinct faceting, should be sub-surfed. Love the image overall, tho - very cool creatures (tho I probably wouldn't think so if I happened upon them at feeding time without my trusty XRP2409 MkIV Phase-Blaster charged up!)
-mzungu
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" - Solomon

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:49 am

I tried in this Project to take what Indigo gave me,
without to much Photoshop post processing... I know the are still errors visible, but this is maybe good to see the limit of the alpha_render in Indigo used for DOF blured images.

The Hunter Models were only subdivided once, to prevent some normal smoothing issues, the meshes are low Poly, also here I don't wanted to change them to much from the original :/

For my Next composition Project (this time a self modeled one :shock: ) I'll try to get a perfect result :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

Sayris

Post by Sayris » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:32 am

Very nice :)

ryandaniels

Post by ryandaniels » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:36 pm

Awesome, love seeing HL2 stuff! But I would say that you might do well to say where you got the models in original post.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:15 pm

ryandaniels wrote:Awesome, love seeing HL2 stuff! But I would say that you might do well to say where you got the models in original post.
Thanks ryan, you are totally right.... I updated the first post. generally I allways tell about the source of my external model sources, like in the developement thread here

Here you'll find the Muscle Car from HL2: EP2

And here and here an older rendering of Dog...

Somewhere around here you can find a rendering of Alyx, but I have no idea where...
polygonmanufaktur.de

20 posts