Page 1 of 1

My animation

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:55 pm
by dogfin
This is a massivly complex animation, a mind boggling 72 frames.
Its the tutorial with a camera spin added.

I used Indigo 0.5 with some Java code of my own to start and stop the program automaticaly. Each frame is rendered to 1000 Muts. I tried 0.6t2, but couldn't get it to stop running from within java once started. Oh well. Didn't do this to show my skills so much as I was curious how animation worthy indigo was at current.

If I had rendered this in one go instead of starting and stopping while working on the java code, it would have taken about 60 hours (roughly), partly becuase about 10% of the frames produced invalid output and had to be rerendered.

I'm curious what other people think.

Here is the preview:
Image

Here is the link to the file (320x240 mpeg4 387KB):
http://www.t3rbo.com/video/view.php?vid ... ef286cc573

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:52 pm
by manitwo
partly becuase about 10% of the frames produced invalid output and had to be rerendered.
thats because the renderer writes the png at the moment of aborting (i think) 8)

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:23 am
by dogfin
I try to save the image just before I shut down the current frame, doesn't seem to help a lot. I'm in uncharted territorry in java, I've never run a separate process before. I wouldn't doubt at all that I'm not doing it well.

What interested me in the animation was the subtle flicker of the lighting. I'm using linear tonemapping, but the gain is at 5 million. I thought that maybe that is exagerating any lighting differences from frame to frame. I'm gonna try this again I think, with a brighter light and much smaller gain.


dogfin -

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:31 am
by Kosmokrator
hey wath codec are u use?all my players give an error msg..

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:16 am
by dogfin
Kosmokrator wrote:hey wath codec are u use?all my players give an error msg..
I encoded with mencoder using its mpeg4 codec with default settings. (I'm in Linux). I can play it with mplayer or vlc. I can encode to a different codec, I should be able to encode to divx3, xvid, and mjpeg also.


dogfin -

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:47 am
by arneoog
please do that, I couldn't see it eihter... :)

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:21 am
by dogfin
Here it is in dvx3 format, 267.8KB:

http://www.t3rbo.com/video/view.php?vid ... ffc357ab98

Please tell me if that doesn't work either.


dogfin -

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:31 am
by arneoog
:shock: Getting creeps down my spine :P :D
!VERY NICE!

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:44 pm
by Kosmokrator
yes it works .....but i think its too early for animation the fireflies and very diferent noise patterns make it dificult

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:05 pm
by ZanQdo
how can you download someting in that page? can you find a better hosting? I want to see it :?