Page 1 of 1

More sss tests

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:27 pm
by hafunui
Just testing sss in indigo07 test 5/6.

Image
Rendered it for 73 hours. Lit with hdr.

Image
Tried to simulate plastic.

Image
An early test of mine. I think i'll redo this one.

Image

Image

Image
still rendering. 23 hours.

Image
Another 70 hour render

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:18 pm
by manitwo
WOW :shock:
you have done some great tests!
last one is beautiful :!:

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:30 pm
by Kosmokrator
damn..the plastic polyhedra is so real.......great tests!this is the power of indigo!

how many pc u have man and render for so long??

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:46 pm
by DaveC
Excellent tests! Looks like you suceeded with the plastic :)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:20 pm
by Camox
:shock: Very nice tests ! That looks fantastic. 70 hours wooha thats a long time but the results can to be seen be able. :D

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:37 pm
by DaveC
@camox: Mind if I watch your avatar while I listen to my music? lol

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:59 pm
by Stur
Your tests are more beautifull than my non-tests.
I just hate you.

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:07 am
by CTZn
Well done hafunui !

Could you please explain to me, that effect I see into the closest sphere in the 5th image (speres with sticks); looks like an anisotropic effect... I have no clue where it comes from but looks interesting...

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:19 am
by hafunui
CTZn: I really dont know whats happening there. I DID put a sss bard in there, which is an enlongated black ring, ( you can see it at the top) and its extruded to about halfway into the sphere. Maybe its a rendering error.


Kosmokrator: I only have one pc. 2.8Ghz dualcore with 2gbs ram. The trick to long render times is patience really. In the task manager, I set the Indigo.exe prosses PRIORITY to low, so it doesnt hang up my computer while im on it. and when im in bed, it takes up most of the cpu and runs like normal. This way I can still do indigo test renders and only close my main render when I'm ready for another clean one.

And you dont have to pause/resume all the time.

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:21 am
by Marcofly
interesting tests!

it would be nice to organize finally a material database.. :D

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:12 am
by Kojack
i always like your tests hafunui. great work

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:55 am
by CTZn
Marcofly wrote:interesting tests!

it would be nice to organize finally a material database.. :D
http://www2.indigorenderer.com/joomla/f ... 6283#16283

:!:

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:34 am
by Kram1032
:shock: These are great!!!! :D:D:D

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:41 am
by daniel_nieto
would you mind to post the setting you used to get the suzzane's material? or the IGS/XML? please?