General 01.jpg
Baño.jpg

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Some Interiors

Post by Pibuz » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:32 am

Hi Lal-O!
I think all images have a nice feel, but there are some issues you can control to get even better images:

1. I like the sense of not-everything-is-in-focus, but in your images (almost all) seems like the focus is incorrect. I suggest you set a higher f-stop number (or keep it like f/8 or f/5.6) and try to move your POV very close to an object, which will obviously be rendered blurred.

2. All images try to catch the whole space in one shot. i tend to make this error too, but sometimes if you don't see everything is even better. Try to get a better composition of objects. To make some tests and acquire the "eye"you can take your renders and try to overlay a gold section scheme in photoshop, and crop the images. If you do it well, you'll get wonderful results.

3. In this kind of interiors, when you see the outside you must overexpose it. It's more realistic.

4. You should increase the texture and material work of your floor! Wood textures are wonderful, but always care about resolution!

5. My favourite is the bathroom: materials and lighting are very cool, although - HELAS - tissues are ALWAYS an headache!

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Lal-O » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:09 am

Hi Pubuz ! Thx for the Crits and comments :D

I agree with you in all cases but i have a brief reply for every one of them.

1)I always try to make my renderings the more imperfect as they can be ( ofcourse ,always keeping the quality of a good rendering ). Adding chromatic aberration , blur ..etc etc that is why they look out of focus..As you mentioned before ... i think this time i exceeded the post-production.

2)The images were for a client wich wanted to see the more possible of every space/s so...nothing to do against that. :(

3)I did it, but it seems wasn't enough :roll:

4)The floor wood texture is HD so the size is not the problem. You're right,it needs a lot of work.

5) Thx my friend :!: :D

wojtek-w

Post by wojtek-w » Wed May 16, 2018 1:41 am

The overall impression is very nice.
I'm not okay with wood textures on the windows. The real window frame is made from horizontal and vertical beams and each of them has a wood grain paralel to the long edge.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1