Kscore's Render Area

Show off your final renders
kscore

Re: Kscore's Render Area

Post by kscore » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:54 am

Who remember this https://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vi ... php?t=3478 very old Thread ? I downloaded the File and remade it. It was funny to work on this old scene. I made a small Animation to this :D

Pathtracing Mode GPU | Indigo Renderer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxZQYiklFgo

I had that Idea to make the render look more realistic, with realistic I mean, for example the noise, shot with standard cameras are different, especially in the dark areas. It was not possible for me to make these kind of noise in Postproduction. I used a Plane with a glass material in front of my camera (with ior:1 and cauchy b coefficent:0.001).
I tried the GPU Mode for faster rendering, but result looked more like Chromatic Aberration and had not that feeling from a real camera with a bad low light performance. So I choosed the "MLT with BiDir" Mode and finally had that look what I searched for.

I uploaded an example.
Attachments
05c.jpg
lensemlt2.jpg
settings.jpg
lensevsnolense.jpg
Last edited by kscore on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:41 am

Nice! And that flash shot is amazing :D

Originalplan®
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by Originalplan® » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:26 am

Cool stuff

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:09 am

Interesting tests. The video is amazing!

kscore

Post by kscore » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:42 am

Scandinavian Apartment :)
Attachments
scandinavian-indigo2.jpg

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:00 am

Sweet! Love the hint of colour LUT or whatever it is you've got going on there. :)

kscore

Post by kscore » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:24 am

Oscar J wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:00 am
Sweet! Love the hint of colour LUT or whatever it is you've got going on there. :)
Thank you, Oscar. It is a Mix of different Luts and some Postproduction :)

By the Way, I am working on a new scene. Mostly I am using Corona for these Interior Scenes, but Im trying to achieve the same look with Indigo and here is the Postproduction very very important ! I made a comparision between RAW and POST.
Attachments
Apartment-indigo.jpg

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:31 am

Cool!

I'd be interested to learn - what's keeping you from achieving as good results in Indigo as you can in Corona? Obviously they have some great tools for arch viz, but which advantages are the most major in your opinion?

kscore

Post by kscore » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:29 pm

Oscar J wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:31 am
Cool!

I'd be interested to learn - what's keeping you from achieving as good results in Indigo as you can in Corona? Obviously they have some great tools for arch viz, but which advantages are the most major in your opinion?
I think it is possible to make great Interior Renderings like in Corona but it is much more tricky. I am using C4D and I can use the "Render Region" directly in the Editor and dont have to export the scene everytime to the "Indigo Renderer Standalone" and that makes my Workflow much faster.

In Corona I have more ToneMapping functions like:"Saturation,Filmic Highlight, Contrast, Curves,Bloom, Glare and Filmic Shadows"(I can see the result of these settings directly in my rendering). I know there is a "Curves" Function in the Indigo Renderer Standalone, but I cant use it directly in my Scene in C4D where I can see the curved result in my editor when I hit render. I need to do more Postprodction in Photoshop. Ah very important thing is, I cant use custom luts in Indigo. Or is there a way but I dont know :S I looked in the Indigo Folder and there are the Luts as .txt files. It wont work when I copy and paste there .cube lut files.

When I am using the GPU Renderer and I am using a HDRI Sky, I can not use "Exit Portals", I have to lighten up my room with Area Lights and edit the Background in Postproduction. I know when I am using the CPU I can use these "Exit Portal"Tags but it takes much much longer to get a clean image. For "ME" CPU Rendering for Interior scenes makes no sense in Indigo because it is much much slower then Corona. I know Corona is Biased and Indigo is not :)

A big Issue for me is that when I am rendering with the GPU it uses 100% and the working in other programs or surfing is to laggy. Maybe in the Future I will use a second Graphicscard and will have not this problem. I tried the fStorm Renderer and I have recognized that it uses not more than 90-98% and that makes the workflow better when I am working on other things at the same time.

These are small things that can make Indigo overall better and easier to use, I think.

kscore

Post by kscore » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:55 am

Cubehouse Kanagawa | Rendertime: 25min. on GTX 1080
Attachments
cubehouse-indigo.jpg

Stinkie
Indigo 100

Post by Stinkie » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:10 am

Nice one!

kscore

Post by kscore » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:45 am

Stinkie wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:10 am
Nice one!
Thank you Stinkie ! I have decided to post more Stuff. Here is the second shot. More will come.
Attachments
cubehouse-indigo2.jpg

Juju

Post by Juju » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:26 pm

great stuff!

however, to me it seems as though the floor is a little too rough, I would scale the texture down by at least 50% and / or change the displacement values so it is less pronounced

kscore

Post by kscore » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:44 am

Juju wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:26 pm
great stuff!

however, to me it seems as though the floor is a little too rough, I would scale the texture down by at least 50% and / or change the displacement values so it is less pronounced
Thank you for your comment Juju ! I have reduced the value for the displacement and here are 2 new shots.
Attachments
cubehouse-indigo4.jpg
cubehouse-indigo3.jpg

Juju

Post by Juju » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:28 pm

kscore wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:44 am
Thank you for your comment Juju ! I have reduced the value for the displacement and here are 2 new shots.
not quite there yet, but keep on experimenting

69 posts