Internal Render

Show off your final renders
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
DanJ

Internal Render

Post by DanJ » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:35 am

A few images I produced for a client through work.

The model was done in SketchUp, the majority of it was done by myself though I did also use some items from 3D warehouse etc.

I used an alpha mask and inserted a photo of the actual background of the view. The building is located in Fowey, Cornwall.

Comments are most welcome!
Attachments
Lloyds Terrace Room - Web.jpg
Terrace Room
Lloyds Kitchen - Web.jpg
Kitchen
Lloyds Living Room - Web.jpg
Living Room

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Re: Internal Render

Post by Oscar J » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:37 am

Nice, the first image is promising. :)

A couple of things though: at day time, the exterior light should far overpower the lamps inside, and will probably also give a more interesting lighting than those roof spots.

Also, for interior lights you'll generally want to use a much warmer light temperature - these are a little too cold IMO.

If you saved the IGI files with light layers you could just try to tweak these things without re-render. :)

Juju

Post by Juju » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:36 pm

What FOV did you use in the various images / renders?
Indigo 4 | skIndigo | SUpro 2018

DanJ

Post by DanJ » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:28 pm

Thanks Oscar, I will have a look later on at adjusting the light layers and see what I can do with it. For the background, would you suggest over exposing it a touch, that might help a bit too. I do need to model better spot lights, as they aren't realistic at all!

Juju, the FOVs were
-Terrace Room - 85.5
-Living Room - 65
- Kitchen - 97

I then selected in camera settings, two point perspective to keep the vertical lines straight, then changed eye height to get the view I wanted

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:43 pm

I would rather go with some more dramatic lighting rig, more contrast, something mysterious. Have one part darker, conceal something, reveal other, you know... :D Promising, otherwise.

DanJ

Post by DanJ » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Oscar J wrote:Nice, the first image is promising. :)

A couple of things though: at day time, the exterior light should far overpower the lamps inside, and will probably also give a more interesting lighting than those roof spots.

Also, for interior lights you'll generally want to use a much warmer light temperature - these are a little too cold IMO.

If you saved the IGI files with light layers you could just try to tweak these things without re-render. :)
I've had a quick go just now at adjusting the light layers, I made the internal lights a bit warmer and slightly over exposed the exterior and background.
Attachments
Lloyds Terrace Room A - Web.jpg
Terrace Room A

pavoda

Post by pavoda » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:55 pm

definitely better

pavoda

Post by pavoda » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:27 pm

-Materials is not exactly correct. Especially Lamps, wood, windows frames, leather and metals - try fix IOR numbers and roughness. You can use materials from material library or look for right values of each material.

-You can also try camera tonemapping agfapan-aps-25CD, it is one of most dynamic range...your interier is still little dark.

-IES lights could be better too.

-different door height is not very pretty

- Background looks like textured plane and environment system look like sun. Try HDR map.

Then it will be even better :)

DanJ

Post by DanJ » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:02 pm

pavoda wrote:-Materials is not exactly correct. Especially Lamps, wood, windows frames, leather and metals - try fix IOR numbers and roughness. You can use materials from material library or look for right values of each material.

-You can also try camera tonemapping agfapan-aps-25CD, it is one of most dynamic range...your interier is still little dark.

-IES lights could be better too.

-different door height is not very pretty

- Background looks like textured plane and environment system look like sun. Try HDR map.

Then it will be even better :)

Thank you for your comments. Which wood parts are not correct? I know the decking outside looks rubbish but I thought the coffee table looked alright. I wasn't happy with the leather sofa, I did have it different but the people at my work wanted it white.

I looked at that tone mapping, it does have a much higher dynamic range, thank you for pointing that one out to me.

I can't remember if I used IES lights or not now, if not, I will make sure to assign some.

The different door height is actually like that at the actual building, it's listed so the conservation people don't want too much changed.

I used a HDRI map that had quite a strong sun element in it to produce the crisp shadows, then using alpha rendering I inserted the correct background for the project in PhotoShop.

Thank you again for your comments! :D

9 posts • Page 1 of 1