2nd Place 100

Re: Forcadell House (México)

Post by zeitmeister » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:44 pm

Cool mood! Very good trees! Evermotion?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

Originalplan®
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by Originalplan® » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:14 am

Good mood...but something does not look right. ( not sure what exactly ) But kinda feels like a small model.
Maybe the textures.... not sure.

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Lal-O » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:04 am

zeitmeister wrote:Cool mood! Very good trees! Evermotion?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Thanks zeitmeister ! :D
Yes, they are Evermotions and some others are Vargov Trees Collection. :wink:

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:12 am

Originalplan® wrote:Good mood...but something does not look right. ( not sure what exactly ) But kinda feels like a small model.
Maybe the textures.... not sure.
Hi Originalplan :D

I guess the problem may be the hill ( is the real evironment ) in the back and probably the very high lateral walls ( for privacy ,asked by the clients ). I am sure the model is well scaled :wink:

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:18 am

Quite good, but I still think there's something slightly weird with the tone of your image. Try to get the white walls to be crispy, pure white. Those clouds look like smog to me due to their dirty tint. In general I think your images would greatly benefit from better skies.

The first image could use some cropping IMO, basically the bottom right of the image is the interesting part.

Sorry if this sound a little harsh, but you're very close to nailing it with every image :)

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:21 am

Oscar J wrote:Quite good, but I still think there's something slightly weird with the tone of your image. Try to get the white walls to be crispy, pure white. Those clouds look like smog to me due to their dirty tint. In general I think your images would greatly benefit from better skies.

The first image could use some cropping IMO, basically the bottom right of the image is the interesting part.

Sorry if this sound a little harsh, but you're very close to nailing it with every image :)
Hi Oscar J. :)
No problem about being "harsh", you are trying to help by giving some tips, advices and so on, and ....well,that is the main goal of the forum( to help each other :wink: ).

I am not sure if im getting what you suggest about the crispy white walls, as long as i know the tone of the white is given by the used hdri (grayish ,yellowish,bluish,pinkish....) if i would change the tone of the white walls (or the entire image) it would not match with the light tones casted by the hdri. Am i wrong?

I propose you something (if you like/want) i can let you make the changes you want to my image (using the same elements and hdri ) just to see how much the image would improve with your settings. This is not a challenge, ok? It is only for fun :D .I can give you the .pigs file , just let me know :D .

Regards.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:47 am

You're quite correct regarding the walls, it's better to adjust the whole image.

In commercial interior and exterior renders you often (not always) try to get the white point of the whole image to a point where white or gray materials in your scene are also white in the actual image. The exceptions are, for example, when you have a sunset (warmer highlights, colder shadows) or a cold rainy day (colder tones, often balanced with a warm interior). Since your sky is cloudy, I would suggest not using such a warm white balance. Or rather - if you want a warmer look to the image, use a late afternoon/evening HDRI.

Here's my quick crop & post pro attempt. You might not like it at all, but this is the direction I would take I think. This is largely a matter of taste. :)

It's basically adjusted colour balance, lowered saturations, boosted midrange using colour curves, and increasing the greens of the trees a bit.
Attachments
post pro attempt.jpg

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:08 am

Cool !
Now a clearly see what you mean. That comparison is enough to notice that my image is too warm for the hdri i did use. I thought the light coming from hdri was average. :roll:

Your image is more like the way it should look like from the beginning. I'll keep in mind your tips for my next projects. :)

About the image composition....you did crop one of the main volume of the house (left in the center ). My clients asked for that view ( They did't care even if that wasn't the best camera angle :lol: ).

Thanks mate :!:

9 posts • Page 1 of 1