Modern Architecture

Show off your final renders
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
Pixelflix

Modern Architecture

Post by Pixelflix » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:34 am

Hi all,

some new work modelled with sketchup. First time I used skindigo´s skatter.
Maybe I have to model some better gras for further projects. At the end, I was
a bit impatient :o

Tips and critism are welcome

Thanks! :D
Attachments
architecture-3.jpg
architecture-2.jpg
architecture-1.jpg

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Re: Modern Architecture

Post by Oscar J » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:40 am

Sweet, these are great renders! :) The first one has some rather heavy jpg compression, and the second one is slightly burned out in places, mainly on the terrace. But other than that, top notch.

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:59 pm

Oscar J wrote:Sweet, these are great renders! :) The first one has some rather heavy jpg compression, and the second one is slightly burned out in places, mainly on the terrace. But other than that, top notch.
Couldn't had said it better myself, but then that's why Oscar is quite a master of 3D! :D

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:22 pm

I'm not SO against the burnt-out effect. I think it makes it all look less perfect, and so a little more friendly. A colleague of mine recently looked at a render I made and said "..well..this part is too bright..but I like it! Seems like a person was passing there and took a casual shot". I think she is right: perfection may scare, in most cases. That's why I always try to put some "imperfections" in my images: something a little mispplaced, something dirty, washed-out white walls where direct sun hits them... Hey: someone forgot his glass of water over my coffee table!...

I really like the first image! I think the composition is good. I'd like to see some artificial lights turned on. I spot there is no skirting, and that the floor has no kind of joint with the walls: that can't be and lowers a little the realism. The carpet itself it's a little lowres, maybe you can change it.

The second image is good too: I only think that overexposure on the ceiling should reflect in a much more bright sky and environment (what you see on the background is really too dark, if you take a look to the part of the ceiling we can see on the upper left corner).

The third image is the most difficult. There's something to work on about the grass but you already know it. The tree you added on the left is lit by a different lighting: you need to find a tree which is lit by a more frontal direct light. The stone wall and the stones on the right are "floating": try a very smooth small brush to mask the render, and then a little burning tool operation on the base of the objects (both are things you use in PS).

It's really good works! congrats!

Pixelflix

Post by Pixelflix » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:56 am

Hey,

thank your for all the feedback and the very critical view of Pibuz. You mentioned some good points, I didn´t see before. There you can see the expert :wink: . I am working at the gras right now. Think it´s getting better but still not perfect. Just a lot of try and error...

I added some artifical light sources in pictures one and two before, but there was a problem when trying to render with GPU (which is pretty much faster, so I don´t want to miss it). Unfortunately I couldn´t readjust the lightning in gpu mode while rendering, because sky and environmental light were on the same „layer“, although I generated seperate layers in sketchup before. Thus, I deleted it again.

This problem only appears in gpu-mode, with gpu+cpu mode everything works fine. Is this working as intended or am I doing something wrong? Of course, I could completly adjust the light settings in sketchup, but I really prefer the oportunity to readjust the light on different layers in indigo. Any advices here?

I hope my text is somewhat understandable. Still fighting with my english :P :oops:

Have a nice sunday,

Pixelflix

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:10 am

Unfortunately, light layers aren't supported in GPU mode just yet, but hopefully it will be soon. :)

Pixelflix

Post by Pixelflix » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:33 am

Not what I wanted to hear, but I already expected it :D

Thank you!

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:01 pm

Oscar J wrote:Unfortunately, light layers aren't supported in GPU mode just yet, but hopefully it will be soon. :)
Light Layers and Foreground alpha in GPU are basic features that need to be iimplementes as soon as possible......Just saying. :roll:

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:07 pm

Nice composition , good image quality, nice design ... but i agree with some others users here , the renderings are a little bit overexposed or burned ..but that is something you can easily fix 8) .

Regards.

9 posts • Page 1 of 1